What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow! that thing's going off, yo.

I put it on the stir plate last night but it didn't really take off like that until a couple hours ago. Now I just need to decide what kind of beer it is getting tossed in to. Thinking my once brewed "Out of Pocket" IIPA. Really similar to Hopslam but bitter. Called Out of Pocket because that is what my boss puts in the subject line on emails when he is telling people he is taking the day off... and every time I gave him some of that 11% beer... he sent the email out the next morning.

Well since a friend and I are watching MNF we have a game goin on where whenever someone scores you finish your beer. So I'm drinking Yuengling cause I want to make it to the second half

I put it on the stir plate last night but it didn't really take off like that until a couple hours ago. Now I just need to decide what kind of beer it is getting tossed in to. Thinking my once brewed "Out of Pocket" IIPA. Really similar to Hopslam but bitter. Called Out of Pocket because that is what my boss puts in the subject line on emails when he is telling people he is taking the day off... and every time I gave him some of that 11% beer... he sent the email out the next morning.

How are you going to cold crash that thing, or are you going to pitch the whole contents? I have a 5L flask but haven't figured that out yet.

How are you going to cold crash that thing, or are you going to pitch the whole contents? I have a 5L flask but haven't figured that out yet.

When krausen falls I will stick it in the fridge. When there is a cake on the bottom I will pour the stuff on top out. I might hit it again with some wort. I did a partygyle the last time I brewed a dipa as big as I am planning so I need a lot of yeast.

I haven't seen that one in particular but the one at more beer. I bet you would get great attenuation from even those high flocc English yeasts. That would be cool.

When krausen falls I will stick it in the fridge. When there is a cake on the bottom I will pour the stuff on top out. I might hit it again with some wort. I did a partygyle the last time I brewed a dipa as big as I am planning so I need a lot of yeast.

Guess I need another fridge, there's no way mine is fitting in there. Haha Possibly in the keezer... Thanks guys.

The last of what @zeptrey BIF'd me a while back. Really nice, as is the case with every Prairie beer I've ever had.

CameraZOOM-20141208220906887.jpg

Ummm... It says never just sayin

Pretty sure after you spend a hundred and thirty bucks on the stir plate... you will spend almost as much on a carboy with a flat bottom. If I were not so proud of my DIY stir plate from a decorative box I would almost do it next year when my (broken furnace + santa) fiscal fast is over.

Pretty sure after you spend a hundred and thirty bucks on the stir plate... you will spend almost as much on a carboy with a flat bottom. If I were not so proud of my DIY stir plate from a decorative box I would almost do it next year when my (broken furnace + santa) fiscal fast is over.

Love your DIY plate. Can't find where you said DIY. Damn dude. Details. Details.

I don't even use my stir plate. Then again I throw away my expired yeast

Love your DIY plate. Can't find where you said DIY. Damn dude. Details. Details.

I don't even use my stir plate. Then again I throw away my expired yeast

Throw away yeast! oh hell no. I consider buying yeast to be a failure in planning or just the result of me being too lazy. I try to brew something light on hops every time I buy a new strain... harvest a few jars of yeast from that one and when I am down to one jar brew something light on hops again. I have been slacking on that plan the last half year or so and my wallet and beer quality have suffered. I will go grab a couple of pics of the plate.

Latest posts

Back