Show Us Your Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:)

Attachments

• Vangoghsmangose.png
    Vangoghsmangose.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 137
20190619_185642.jpg
Labels for my first wine. I illustrated it in Photoshop and designed the text layout and logo in Illustrator. My brand name is a play on words from Game of Thrones (Mother of Dragons) as is the tagline "The flagons are my children" (original quote says "dragons"). Looking forward to doing more for upcoming batches, but the branding is just for fun - I don't intend to sell or make a business of brewing. Design services to others is another story, will offer my design work services upon request. Used gelatin and water as glue and laser printed on normal paper to mount. I'm really proud of both the wine and the design! (Final version says "vinted with", as you can see on the bottles, not "brewed with", but I don't have that version saved on my phone)

20190619_185809.jpg
20190623_223229.jpg

Last edited:
So my first time doing anything with Inkscape came up with these. I still have a lot to learn but I can't complain!

A generic label I'm going to order that I can use for any beer.
Bottle Label Generic.png

Then I had to do a label for my Spacex inspired beer. I took a picture of the Falcon Heavy Rocket and used the trace bitmap feature w/ edge detection to get the rocket. Then filled in random spots with the orange.
FalconHeavy1.png

Last edited:
Wraparound label for 33cL fliptop bottles. Easy to switch out the text for different flavors (and even change the color palette if desired), I wanted something that spoke of handmade craft yet general enough to use for any flavor. Inspired by henna tattoos, scobys and yeast and the actual brewing kombucha, bottling days with hand-written labels (I used to draw a heart on each in lieu of doing anything fancy which I referenced here), plus a touch of the brand's Neo-Art Nouveau aesthetic. I painted everything in Photoshop using a variety of watercolor and colored pencil brushes. I did the text design and layout in Illustrator. Will update with pics when labels are attached.
Mother of Gallons - 2019 - Kombucha 33cl.jpg

Last edited:
So I've been in and out of brewing over the course of the last 12 years or so. Waaaay back in 2008 I created a line of labels under my previous faux-brewery, Bare Bottom Brewery. Since then I have abandoned that one and created a new "Wish-I-had-a-brewery" brewery themed on Vikings (my ancestry is predominately Swedish) called Thirsty Viking Brewery. I've been working on a new line of labels under this title and wanted an opinion. Of the three labels posted, which one is preferred for this beer. Yes, the label is a blatant rip-off of Orkney Brewing but hey, I like their label design and they are Vikings too.

Great looking designs by everybody, we would love to show our quality of printing on your designs ... call us anytime, or email at [email protected]
We have busy printing lots of great looking label designs and everybody love our new BOPP Poly material for durability and easy removal.
Send those designs over for a free price quote ! We will match or beat anybody out there. Files preference is PDF, EPS, or .AI

Thanks, Frank

So I've been in and out of brewing over the course of the last 12 years or so. Waaaay back in 2008 I created a line of labels under my previous faux-brewery, Bare Bottom Brewery. Since then I have abandoned that one and created a new "Wish-I-had-a-brewery" brewery themed on Vikings (my ancestry is predominately Swedish) called Thirsty Viking Brewery. I've been working on a new line of labels under this title and wanted an opinion. Of the three labels posted, which one is preferred for this beer. Yes, the label is a blatant rip-off of Orkney Brewing but hey, I like their label design and they are Vikings too.

I like the last one :)

...Of the three labels posted, which one is preferred for this beer. Yes, the label is a blatant rip-off of Orkney Brewing but hey, I like their label design and they are Vikings too...
First off, love the vikings theme! I don't have much in the way of Scandinavian ancestry, but vikings in general are fascinating to me (hence my avatar; I also collect viking themed beer cans and bottles).
For the labels, if I had to pick, it would be the first one. It's a bit more "in your face" than the other 2. Cheers!

It's been a while since I last posted in here. But we've not been idle over at the Beer Labelizer. I notice a fair few of you use the site, but one thing you've always mentioned is the lack of back labels so you can extol more information about your brews. We found ourselves having the same problem as well. So we've added back label designs to all our templates. As always you can have your labels printed by us on our commercial printer, where they get cut to shape or you can opt to print them at home yourself. www.beerlabelizer.com

cz8YVBFwwEnVt9_BwJOoB4vcEKMjuEwW0snirAdLTu5UYY3K1ps3MPXJMW_DUEVTqItsWo92VjR_D3fR_oemZRoSuZa678TN8s0CZlLLDO9D4ISFoPGQ6yuV3f7pSKDuSyCQB-O2oEhTL1AnCMiMpf2Sq_FdKCtjHIAhfLQe0FsHHzO7CkSsUjVRP3wE2DRyr_4KbVchAGFOcHR5ikVAW21HektrsP2lW9EsjT32cT39ZuFkxKu16Fnzz4skaytZy4ioSXLvzRGGOSzvd7vQWgJGIDBqN__LEqU01CFCWkKFbHPaBHSK_scug8QKYme6BbgqJUZoi25_WCUGZ3kJ2G0CJUJgUA30Rp5341O7Sl3Qc3tVCrFcopMSuGfXEtGqGFKagt6dw4LqFMhVgkxpEUebNlLPolJ-h5Cb7za0dD8VYRGp7s6RdQyPRk55a_D1ji_4i8NpXSUeOW2HqDOP3ys6NNELglbdOv3dhBOs4fLycRZMCofdybWdx8xPTrXgsoBYx-oknoz-WuCVxIUHwUGPG_vGeHQF_XiMxKdBqVvMPPhMO6OiVt562Q16c0XLiucuplabe4BZIyho-EHd2sXtFnDjrf1uVGG2oBBOwbIOwmhLAosQlG4Z2cAIsLOpBO7F2FkRxUV2Mxh_pNzNqJQi9K0rQ8gE=w830-h740-no

Cheers Andy

First, all three are great, nice artwork. However, I pick label #2 because the two war axes reinforce the style of Double IPA. The old one, two punch.

So my first time doing anything with Inkscape came up with these. I still have a lot to learn but I can't complain!

A generic label I'm going to order that I can use for any beer.
View attachment 632921
Then I had to do a label for my Spacex inspired beer. I took a picture of the Falcon Heavy Rocket and used the trace bitmap feature w/ edge detection to get the rocket. Then filled in random spots with the orange.
View attachment 632925

Cool Label!
Do you work for SpaceX or in the rocket industry?

Cool Label!
Do you work for SpaceX or in the rocket industry?

Unfortunately no, not yet anyways ;) Though my fiance works for NASA, and we live right next to the Glenn research center and airport in Cleveland so that sparked a lot of my interest. I recently started flying little Cessnas with an instructor with hopes of one day getting to fly solo!

Unfortunately no, not yet anyways ;) Though my fiance works for NASA, and we live right next to the Glenn research center and airport in Cleveland so that sparked a lot of my interest. I recently started flying little Cessnas with an instructor with hopes of one day getting to fly solo!
Cool on the flying. SpaceX is a truly revolutionary company, but I would recommend remaining a fan over becoming an emplyee if you value your evenings and weekends. I worked there for a few years. I really enjoyed the atmosphere and culture, but I REALLY enjoyed not working there anymore.

Latest posts

Back