Is Engineered Polymer Braid hose ok to use?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1stTimer

Reaction score
just posted this in another thread but I needed an answer kind quickly. The hose I bought claims its the above mentioned material. Says its more corrosion resistant then stainless steel. Is it ok to use? Thanks everyone.

I have a water heater supply braid in my MLT with a copper end cap. Works Great!

IMG_11791.JPG

IMG_1183.JPG

IMG_1184.JPG

Thanks guys. Glad I didnt use it. So this is probably a dumb question. Am i just using the braided part? If so can I get that without the hose thats on the inside. The water heater supply braid looks as though it is just the braided part. Thanks again for the heads up everyone. Would have been a bad mistake.

You just use the braid. Getting it off the hose underneath is a bit tricky at first; it's like Chinese fingercuffs, you need to push it rather than pull.

Thanks guys. Glad I didnt use it. So this is probably a dumb question. Am i just using the braided part? If so can I get that without the hose thats on the inside. The water heater supply braid looks as though it is just the braided part. Thanks again for the heads up everyone. Would have been a bad mistake.

Angle grinder to cut the ends off, I found it very simple to slide the braid off.

Dremel, or hacksaw will work as well, but the grinder will make very quick work of it.

Directions at www.hbd.org/cascade/dennybrew . I've found toilet supply line to be the most reliable.

Toilet supply line is usually 1/2", in my experience. Have you ever had a problem with that braid collapsing under the weight of the grist? Or is that an old beer-wives' tale?

I've had 75 lb. of grain on it and it hasn't collapsed. And I don't use any internal support like some people do. If you get the right braid, that isn't necessary.

If you get the right braid, that isn't necessary.

+1, I went with the 3/4" water heater supply braid, and it is mighty rigid. I looked at a bunch of different places and braid types, and went with the one that appeared to have the largest gap at the intersection of the braids and the thickest wires within the braid.

Latest posts

Back