What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jak1010 said:
That's it, heading to CT for Backwoods Bastard and some Gandhi Bot. Not too bad. Only about a 45min drive.

Come through!

Courtesy of Clint. Really like this a lot
image-1911908227.jpg

Quiet in here tonight. That's ok, when I drink alone, I prefer to be by myself. (Except for the newborn that's been on my lap for two hours)

Lakefront pumpkin lager.

image-1608091800.jpg

Not a fan, but have a couple left from Halloween, and they ain't gonna drink themselves...

Quiet in here tonight. That's ok, when I drink alone, I prefer to be by myself. (Except for the newborn that's been on my lap for two hours)

You weren't kidding. It's been 23 minutes without a post. Except for this one.

EDIT: There was a post exactly one minute before this one, so this post is no longer valid. Please disregard.

wobrien said:
That sucks man, sorry to hear that. Lets hope for the best!

Thanks man. I'm not even sure what the best is right now. All I know is that one of my bosses asked me not to quit. The other (the one in OKC with me) probably has I idea that the company is in such a site situation. Whatever. I'm going to bed and pretend like yesterday didn't happen so I can try to enjoy my Thanksgiving holiday.

Good night HBTLand.

nukebrewer said:
Getting ready to go to bed by drinking one of my Black Hole Bourbon Oak Aged Vanilla Chocolate Imperial Stouts.

Sounds like that one has a lot going on.

Stayed up and finished 2 more leffe blondes while watching Cloud Atlas. Wow it's long.

I know I loved the beer I drank while watching it but I'm not sure how I feel about the movie. Good.

Yeah, I just saw something about the believers club in the FB comments, what's that all about?

Plus it's supposed to rain all day tomorrow. That sucks, but may scare people away

People who signed up as "fans" before TH opened get preferential treatment on the releases. :(

Aaand I'm back from a reealy reealy ridiculously terrible day at work. Just found out that my company may be kaput when I get back from OKC in a few weeks. I'm not in any mood.

Watching Archer after having the following. They were both excellent, I just wish I was in a better mood to enjoy them.

Sorry to hear that man - especially this time of the year. I hope things turn around and start to improve for you!

On to coffee while the pumpkin pies finish baking and the cranberry relish chills. Then I have to figure out what will get done with work today and what will wait until next week.

Hey you got a tracking number for the package?

You mean the tracking number I PM'd you yesterday? :D Should be there Friday. I'll send again.

Aaand I'm back from a reealy reealy ridiculously terrible day at work. Just found out that my company may be kaput when I get back from OKC in a few weeks. I'm not in any mood.

Watching Archer after having the following. They were both excellent, I just wish I was in a better mood to enjoy them.

Couldn't happen at a better time of year, right? That sucks man. Even if they don't fold, sounds like it's time to start looking around. Isn't this the second time recently?

Having a Foothills Endo IPA that Hello sent me. Pretty solid IPA, thanks for sharing your local brews. Dog photo bombed again and this time I figured out why. He goes crazy for any an all transient sources of light and reflections, so he came investigating the auto-focus assist light that my camera throws in low light.

EDIT: The name is Cottonwood Endo, not just Endo. My mistake.

If you care, not that you should, Foothills bought Cottonwood and kept making the beers under the Foothills name.

People who signed up as "fans" before TH opened get preferential treatment on the releases. :(

Sorry to hear that man - especially this time of the year. I hope things turn around and start to improve for you!

On to coffee while the pumpkin pies finish baking and the cranberry relish chills. Then I have to figure out what will get done with work today and what will wait until next week.

From what my friend who signed up for believers tells me, TH isn't really happy with it either. They didn't set a time period or anything ahead of time, so it's not like a reserve society.

Pumpkin beer, pumpkin pie, you should at least build a trebouchet or an air cannon and do something good with pumpkins to balance out all the nasty. :D

Pumpkin beer, pumpkin pie, you should at least build a trebouchet or an air cannon and do something good with pumpkins to balance out all the nasty. :D

From some of the comments yesterday, it does look like they've either put some limits on BC members (i.e. you can reserve two releases a year or something) or have tied it to buying beer throughout the year to earn points. Either way, I would have to believe they will be changing the model on that to both expand it (for people who weren't in the know ahead of time) and make some money off it.

Supposedly there will be a line at NEBCO today for a new beer. Meh. This is what craft beer has come to. I plan to get some beer hours after the rush. It's also their last day of brewing at the old place before they move.

Having another coff right now.

CliffMongoloid said:
Today is gonna be rough to get through.... all i keep thinking is at 7 I'll be on my way home to brew a ipa drinking a beer Coffee now

It could be worse. You could be RGIII.

From some of the comments yesterday, it does look like they've either put some limits on BC members (i.e. you can reserve two releases a year or something) or have tied it to buying beer throughout the year to earn points. Either way, I would have to believe they will be changing the model on that to both expand it (for people who weren't in the know ahead of time) and make some money off it.

Note to self, open ended presale of beer is a bad idea. I honestly don't like the whole reserve club model. High end beer is already more than exclusionary enough without it. I saw that Beatification is up to $18 (for a 375) this year. Considering you can order 750 of 3F or Cantillon from Belgium for that, I'm a little shocked how many people are falling over themselves to get some.

Frankly, I like the idea of doing tickets (either first come-first server or a raffle) to exclusive releases. That way there's no risk of wasting time in line and getting screwed over. For people who want to line up and do bottle sharing while they wait, that's still an option (just look at Darkness day) but for people with work/life conflict if they get the ticket then it takes the pressure off. I agree that the escalating prices are going to backfire real soon...

Frankly, I like the idea of doing tickets (either first come-first server or a raffle) to exclusive releases. That way there's no risk of wasting time in line and getting screwed over. For people who want to line up and do bottle sharing while they wait, that's still an option (just look at Darkness day) but for people with work/life conflict if they get the ticket then it takes the pressure off. I agree that the escalating prices are going to backfire real soon...

How would you handle tickets? Sold at the brewery starting a couple weeks out? Jackie O's does calendar days starting at 5pm the Friday before. Jan 1 goes first the next morning when sale starts. I don't have the cash for bottles right now, or I'd be considering a trip up there in a couple weeks. There's about a 2% chance I might go to mule for my buddies, but at 7hrs ea way, seems a little excessive just to drink beer Friday night / Saturday am, although the tap line up is looking very sweet.

mcbaumannerb said:
At Hill Farmstead they do a lottery. Which is most fair. But sucks because I've yet to be picked. Then again I'm talking about their parties and not bottle releases. I really wish they would do a members club like many breweries have.

How would you handle tickets? Sold at the brewery starting a couple weeks out? Jackie O's does calendar days starting at 5pm the Friday before. Jan 1 goes first the next morning when sale starts. I don't have the cash for bottles right now, or I'd be considering a trip up there in a couple weeks. There's about a 2% chance I might go to mule for my buddies, but at 7hrs ea way, seems a little excessive just to drink beer Friday night / Saturday am, although the tap line up is looking very sweet.

Tickets could be either at the brewery or on-line. I think on-line would be better, but of course you have to make sure your system can handle the crush and not get all NHC or that would make things worse. Just selling tickets at the brewery changes the lines and pressure to get there from the release day to ticket selling day so I don't think that accomplishes much. In the best world, I think you sell lottery tickets online & at the brewery, donate the proceeds to a worthwhile charity and leave it to luck.

Having a Foothills Endo IPA that Hello sent me. Pretty solid IPA, thanks for sharing your local brews. Dog photo bombed again and this time I figured out why. He goes crazy for any an all transient sources of light and reflections, so he came investigating the auto-focus assist light that my camera throws in low light.

EDIT: The name is Cottonwood Endo, not just Endo. My mistake.

It's not terrible at all, that's for sure. Cottonwood (now basically Foothills) makes a solid pumpkin as well. Nothing like Pumking or Fat Jack, but solid enough and often on tap around here. I try to keep them all local but I should have something else to send you soon enough. I have to go to the beer store today for Finsfan so I am going to see if I can't find this one bottle I wanted to send.

Coffee. It has been a most terrible day already. Work IT issues then got a call about some misunderstanding resulting in a costly error, personal crap that has me sad faced, and rain. I don't mind rain but I need to go get more damn bottles (ugh) and I am hopefully going to get copper to make an IC. Nervous about the IC because I've never made one, clearly.

Anyway...coffee...and a deep breath.

It's not terrible at all, that's for sure. Cottonwood (now basically Foothills) makes a solid pumpkin as well. Nothing like Pumking or Fat Jack, but solid enough and often on tap around here. I try to keep them all local but I should have something else to send you soon enough. I have to go to the beer store today for Finsfan so I am going to see if I can't find this one bottle I wanted to send.

Coffee. It has been a most terrible day already. Work IT issues then got a call about some misunderstanding resulting in a costly error, personal crap that has me sad faced, and rain. I don't mind rain but I need to go get more damn bottles (ugh) and I am hopefully going to get copper to make an IC. Nervous about the IC because I've never made one, clearly.

Water over here. Hope your day takes a turn for the better.

Hello said:
It's not terrible at all, that's for sure. Cottonwood (now basically Foothills) makes a solid pumpkin as well. Nothing like Pumking or Fat Jack, but solid enough and often on tap around here. I try to keep them all local but I should have something else to send you soon enough. I have to go to the beer store today for Finsfan so I am going to see if I can't find this one bottle I wanted to send. Coffee. It has been a most terrible day already. Work IT issues then got a call about some misunderstanding resulting in a costly error, personal crap that has me sad faced, and rain. I don't mind rain but I need to go get more damn bottles (ugh) and I am hopefully going to get copper to make an IC. Nervous about the IC because I've never made one, clearly. Anyway...coffee...and a deep breath.

Deep breaths! Nice work on the photo. You should be a professional beer photographer (photojournalism at its finest)

Savor the coffee, force yourself to relax and just remember what's done is done and just work on what you can fix for now. Oh ... and beer, never forget there's always beer! :ban:

Unless your local home depot still has closeout tubing, order online as it will be much cheaper. If you want, I can try and dig up the place I ordered from that was significantly less than anywhere else. Get a spring tubing bender, too. Well worth the extra couple bucks. I got 25' of 3/8", 50' of 1/2", and the bender for around $100 shipped IIRC.

mcbaumannerb said:
Tickets could be either at the brewery or on-line. I think on-line would be better, but of course you have to make sure your system can handle the crush and not get all NHC or that would make things worse. Just selling tickets at the brewery changes the lines and pressure to get there from the release day to ticket selling day so I don't think that accomplishes much. In the best world, I think you sell lottery tickets online & at the brewery, donate the proceeds to a worthwhile charity and leave it to luck.

Even if people lined up like normal and they came out, gave the first x number of people a bracelet and said they could come back anytime up until closing would help. That way you aren't person number x+1 standing in the cold rain for two hours for nothing...

Back