cleaning my lines?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aekdbbop

Reaction score
Whats the best way to clean my new beer lines? Should I just put some iodephor in a keg, pressurize and let it run through? Any suggestions?

i would run pbw through them, then star san, or your iodophor, if that is what you have.

i always default to clean, then sanitize in general.

Get an extra corny out and fill it with BLC (Beer Line Cleaner), charge it with a little CO2 and run it through a bit, let it sit, & run some more. Then rinse. It takes just a little bit to make a gallon of solution.

Using a charged corny to clean the lines is much better than the old way holding up bottle and letting it drain in a bucket.

BLC removes beer stone, biomass, organics and mineral deposits from beverage lines.

Works great for me.

BLC31002799.jpg

I'm lazy and it hasn't bit me yet but all I do is when I'm cleaning out my keg I put a bit of oxyclean in it and scrub with a toilet brush (dedicated!) that's almost full of water, then I attach it to my kegerator and run that through for maybe a 1/2 gallon. I then rinse the keg out well, fill it with water and then run that through the kegerator. I know I need to get PBW but this has worked for me for the last year. Every once in a while I'll pull the taps apart and clean them better.

As for new lines, I don't think so. Maybe run some hot water through em for a bit.

Get an extra corny out and fill it with BLC (Beer Line Cleaner), charge it with a little CO2 and run it through a bit, let it sit, & run some more. Then rinse. It takes just a little bit to make a gallon of solution.

Using a charged corny to clean the lines is much better than the old way holding up bottle and letting it drain in a bucket.

BLC removes beer stone, biomass, organics and mineral deposits from beverage lines.

Works great for me.

Ed

This is exactly how I do it. 2/5oz. to 1qt. water. I usually just pour a couple capfuls to a gallon or so of hot water.

haha. i think i will use the capful 'trick' from now on.

all i have is a mL syringe (i use it for star san - 6 mL/Galon), so i did the calculations and found out it required 48 mL of BLC per gallon, i believe, so i stood there transferring the BLC to the gallon container in mL increments...

Back