What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First carbed taste of a Mad Elf clone, not bad still needs some age.

IMG_1070.jpg

Is this the stuff from the dominican? I had a bottle of stuff while I was there that looked like that. Brought a bottle home that eventually exploded in my office :cross:

I'm drinking MGD bc I'm at my FIL's...
I won't ruin the thread with a pic of that

Correct.

I've had some great Mamajuana there out of dirty-ass plastic gallon containers (formerly milk containers). That's how the locals do it. They reuse the same wood for years and years and years. I've reused my wood for 5 years now.

My pipeline is nearly dry. As in, ever bottle I have that's not aging long term is already in my mini-fridge waiting to be drank.

So after this second batch I'm on now, I'll have 6 full fermenters. Haven't had that many full in quite a while.

Nothing like almost being out of beer to motivate brewing. I think I've got 17 batches going, but none of those will be ready to drink anytime soon. I've got too batches refermenting with brett that migh bre ready in three months, everything else will be longer than that.

coffee. have I mentioned for a few days that I have 1 bottle left of the '08 BCBS? if not, I do. and I might drink it. tonight.

Better late than never.

Drinking oud-bruinish beer I bottled in October. Opened one about three weeks ago and it was viscous with a good bit of diacetyl, but that's cleared up for the most part. Still not very carbonated, but it's not bad.

Nothing like almost being out of beer to motivate brewing. I think I've got 17 batches going, but none of those will be ready to drink anytime soon. I've got too batches refermenting with brett that migh bre ready in three months, everything else will be longer than that.

Yeah, one of the 6 is my Lamebic that'll get bottled in about 4 months, but will get maybe another year (making 3 total) in the bottle. And a sour stout that's only got a few months on it that won't be ready for a couple years.

The rest are fairly short term, although the Doppelsticke is going to benefit from some age.

TNGabe said:

Better late than never.

Drinking oud-bruinish beer I bottled in October. Opened one about three weeks ago and it was viscous with a good bit of diacetyl, but that's cleared up for the most part. Still not very carbonated, but it's not bad.

17 batches that is awesome even if they won't be ready for a while What will you do with all of that beer? I know you brew a ton of sours and other beers that require a lot of aging. Do you give most of it away once it is ready? I wouldn't know what to do with 85 gallons of drinkable beer. I have 10 getting ready to be bottled and think that is a ton that I will have to give away.

Drinking a little farmer brown out of my new awesome glass from fermentNEthing. Thanks again Eric.

image-3109583575.jpg

Finally about to be home from what seemed like a ridiculously long work day. I'm ready to do some serious drankin! :D

Just killed my keg of Dales Pale. And to think it is the only beer I am drinking tonight. Drinking and Antibiotics do not mix well with me.

nukebrewer said:
About 20 minutes or so. Showed up about 20 minutes after they opened today. Got myself two growlers this trip instead of just one.

So when you get your growler filled at NEBCO, the kegs is on average how old? I'm trying to imagine what Ghandi that is only around 24 hours old tastes like. :D :mug:

So when you get your growler filled at NEBCO, the kegs is on average how old? I'm trying to imagine what Ghandi that is only around 24 hours old tastes like. :D :mug:

Gandhi-bot moves lightning fast, so you're pretty much guaranteed to be getting the freshest Gandhi available. And to put that in perspective, the last shipment my package store got of Gandhi was canned the day before.

Dr. Pepper on this hell of a crappy should of been brew day ended up in the hospital and came up with the new name for the ipa I was going to brew 26 Stitch ipa. Long story short I was dumb and lazy and decided to turn the Christmas light timer on the roof off by standing on te trash can and fell only thing going thru my head was well there goes my brew day
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1388187039.377733.jpg

Me in deep thought coming up with the name for the IPA and debating on asking the docs for iodine, test
Tubes, and flask
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1388187147.592944.jpg

Dr. Pepper on this hell of a crappy should of been brew day ended up in the hospital and came up with the new name for the ipa I was going to brew 26 Stitch ipa. Long story short I was dumb and lazy and decided to turn the Christmas light timer on the roof off by standing on te trash can and fell only thing going thru my head was well there goes my brew day
View attachment 168411

Me in deep thought coming up with the name for the IPA and debating on asking the docs for iodine, test
Tubes, and flask
View attachment 168414

damn, son! so, did you get the iodine, flasks & tubes?

seriously, that sucks. great name for the IPA though!

We do get pretty fresh Gandhi. It's bottled cold. And shipped out really fast.

I've had Gandhi on more than one occasion that's been freshly-tapped at NEBCO and I've had the first growler-fill. It's good stuff. I usually drink the entire growler the same day.

We do get pretty fresh Gandhi. It's bottled cold. And shipped out really fast.

I've had Gandhi on more than one occasion that's been freshly-tapped at NEBCO and I've had the first growler-fill. It's good stuff. I usually drink the entire growler the same day.

That's what I am doing with one of mine tonight. :drunk:

17 batches that is awesome even if they won't be ready for a while What will you do with all of that beer? I know you brew a ton of sours and other beers that require a lot of aging. Do you give most of it away once it is ready? I wouldn't know what to do with 85 gallons of drinkable beer. I have 10 getting ready to be bottled and think that is a ton that I will have to give away.

Drinking a little farmer brown out of my new awesome glass from fermentNEthing. Thanks again Eric.

Maybe you haven't noticed, but I'm a drunk. :drunk: Other than the two beers with just brett, the rest are all mixed fermentations. A couple of those might be ready to bottle in four months and then need to condition several months after that. Others won't be ready to bottle for 12-36 months and then need to condition for a year. Actual, ready to drink beer, I've got maybe four cases right now that aren't for long term aging. I've probably got another eight to ten cases of stuff that I'll drink over the next few years. So really, I don't have nearly enough beer. :D

From the looks of you're arm, you're lucky that's all that went through your head! Did you fall through a window?:confused:

Back