Hello from Charlotte, NC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerandCigars

Reaction score
I have always enjoyed a good beer. So now is the time to start brewing my own and I am a complete newb at this. I plan on going out and buying a home brew kit later this week. I joined this site to start reading up and learning a little first. As well as beer I do love a good cigar quite often.

Chris

Hey Chris, I am also just starting out too, you may have already found this, but a good resource to help you is howtobrew.com. It's a helpful guide and a pretty decent read.

Thanks.. I haven't seen it and I was looking at possibly purchasing this kit: Homebrew.com: Deluxe Two-Stage System Any help or advice on this kit would be greatly appreciated. The best part is the store is not to far from my house so I need to go check out exactly what all they have.

Looks like a nice setup. Best thing to do is read as much as you can and visit the LHBS. Alt Bev bought out the other homebrew shop and is now the only show in town, but they will be able to outfit you with everything you need and answer questions.

Looks like a nice setup. Best thing to do is read as much as you can and visit the LHBS. Alt Bev bought out the other homebrew shop and is now the only show in town, but they will be able to outfit you with everything you need and answer questions.

+1 on Alternative Beverage.

2 suggestions before buying the kit;
- visit AB, talk to them and see what they have. If their price for a comparable setup is reasonably close, buy there.
- see if there's a local homebrew club. If so, visit with a printout of what you intent to buy and ask around. You'll most likely get great advice.

Back