Has anyone used both an analog and digital Temp Controller?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stevorino

Reaction score
I have an analog and am very happy w/ it-- but I'm about to buy another temp controller for a 2nd fermentation fridge and think it might be worth getting a digital so i can use a thermowell. Thoughts?

Also, anyone know how a digital 2-stage works and if it's worth the extra 30-40 bucks over a normal digital?

I use both, I have an analog on my fermentation fridge and a 2 stage digital on my conditioning fridge. they both work great. The digital is closer to temp where I have to play with the analog Allen Bradley temp controler. I would go with the digital if I were you. I am going to stay digital. I got the analog one on the CHEEP and it works well for what I use it for.
JJ

I use both, I have an analog on my fermentation fridge and a 2 stage digital on my conditioning fridge. they both work great. The digital is closer to temp where I have to play with the analog Allen Bradley temp controler. I would go with the digital if I were you. I am going to stay digital. I got the analog one on the CHEEP and it works well for what I use it for.
JJ

+1 Me Too. I love my Love digital controller. I tape the sensor to the side of the bucket fermenter and life is good. (poor mans thermowell).

Digital is what I ended up doing-- I'd like to keep my fermentation temperatures from varying so much, regardless of what it does to my fridge.

Thanks guys!

Latest posts

Back