Noob question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

klay23

Reaction score
my first try at flat tire from Midwest. Did my best to follow directions as written. Checked the OG and fg and they are in range. Decided to taste the sample and can't describe the taste????? Not a good one to me, not fat tire yet that's for sure. 2 weeks today since brew day... Maybe just a little early, I'm impatient as hell though... Just concerned cause the first batch I made tasted similar after a month or so although it was a one gallon kit of an iPa of some sort. Straight garbage for me... Wondering what it should taste like after 2 weeks??.?.?.?.? Help?

I can't describe the taste, nothing that that John fellow describes fits!!! In the how to brew book

What yeast did you use? Midwest peddles muntons in some of their kits and that yeast gives off fusels and esters in the high 60s...not to mention your fermentation probably kicked it over 70 but... Do you remember? Or did you use the belgian abbey option?

Will waiting a week help? Recommended temp to store for the time being?

Put 40psi on it, purged, earlier, then redid it and shot a little out the line and tasted just weird, sweet and not like fat tire

Green beer tastes like every flavor is standing in the corner of a cold room. When it's ready, they all huddle nice and warm in the middle.

Fizzycist said:
Do you write poetry? Cuz that was beautiful. Brought a single tear to my eye. :D

Heh, thanks. Not a poet but I guess words are kinda fun sometimes. I have this thing about picturing everything as people too, weird maybe.

Latest posts

Back