So I just switched my first batch to my carboy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When did you brew it?

I'm also assuming that you didn't pour it into the carboy. Don't be offended, people have done things like that.

i just bought a 5 gallon glass carboy - started my first batch in the primary(bucket) at 3:49am est on december 19th - i was going to let it sit in the primary for another week or so before bottling

would you recommend racking it to the new glass carboy for the last week/week and half?

When did you brew it?

I'm also assuming that you didn't pour it into the carboy. Don't be offended, people have done things like that.

I brewed it last weekend, it fermented really fast and my hydrometer stabilized like ~4 days ago, but I went ahead and left it, and decided "today is the day" so I switched it, lol no didn't pour it, I did kinda fumble with the racking tube and stick it into the bottom of the bucket too far, but that was for like 1 second and it already looked cloudy before that.

You can leave it in the primary longer to clear there and give the yeast a chance to clean up byproducts of fermentation before you secondary. You don't even have to secondary if you leave it in primary long enough, though I usually still secondary for a week because I usually get clumsy when I siphon and suck up a little yeast. A week in secondary does wonders for that.

I'd leave it there for a couple weeks before thinking about bottling. It'll clear in time.

Latest posts

Back