Off to Tejas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SwAMi75

Reaction score
Well, I'm off to Ft Hood, TX Saturday. I'm driving down, so I plan to be there Monday. I'll be there for 4 months.

I haven't been around much, since I was on leave for a couple weeks, visiting my wife and little man in OK. I got this trip kinda short notice, so I've been damned busy trying to get my stuff together since I've been back. I'm still going to be humping it tomorrow, last minute work on the truck, packing, etc. I'm going to haul my motorcycle down there with me, so that'll be cool. Unless there's a BOP place in the area, no brewing for me while I'm there. :(

Just wanted to let you all know I hadn't bailed, just been away/busy. Hope you all had a happy holiday/new year. I'll be around more once I get settled into my *gag* barracks room down there.

Sam75 said:
I'm going to haul my motorcycle down there with me, so that'll be cool. Unless there's a BOP place in the area, no brewing for me while I'm there. :(
Hop that hog down to Houston...we'll brew and go fishing. :)

Maybe I should send a few bottles of mejican blackbird with you! You driving the old Chrysler?

I'm pretty bummed that you are taking off....no double brew days for a while I guess!

By the time you get back the 1 year anniversary "Celebration Ale" that I'm brewing on the 8th will be ready to drink. Party!!!!!!!

Sam, there's several in Austin you can. Plus a few in the Hill Country outside Austin. Makes for some good day trips. Plus, damn good cruis'n roads for the Sportster in the Hill Country. Let me know and i'll set you in the right direction!

ORRELSE said:
Maybe I should send a few bottles of mejican blackbird with you! You driving the old Chrysler?

LOL....matter of fact I am. I'll head down to Acuna and drink them if I ain't up to bein' alone. :D

Thanks DeRoux....I might have to do that.

Well, here it is, Saturday, and I'm sitting in from of my computer in good old VA. Got a call yesterday that they don't have the funds to send me. So, I'll be "standing by" while they try to find the funds.

Being in limbo rocks! Actually, it's not so bad. Now I've got time to put a Herculiner in my truck. :D

welcome home....again!

good. maybe you'll be there for sure when the they have the Texas Craft Brewer's Festival. i think it's the 1st weekend in May????

Sam75 said:
Well, here it is, Saturday, and I'm sitting in from of my computer in good old VA. Got a call yesterday that they don't have the funds to send me. So, I'll be "standing by" while they try to find the funds.

Being in limbo rocks! Actually, it's not so bad. Now I've got time to put a Herculiner in my truck. :D

Imagine that. The military doesn't have the funds. Unreal.

Stop on by McFadden's later tonight to say "goodbye" to Deehan (and Lt. Ray) then......:p

The Hill Country rocks! I spent a week out there a couple of years ago, the riding is awesome. Plus they have a great micro there Fredericksburg Brewing. Hopefully I will be back this summer for a few days.

ORRELSE said:
Imagine that. The military doesn't have the funds. Unreal.
That's because Congress hasn't passed a budget and we are still under Continuing Resolution Authority (CRA). That means we can't spend any $$$ faster than we spent $$$ last year. Go figure.

A little history: The fiscal (money) year begins 1 Oct. It used to be 1 Jul in the '70s, but Congress couldn't put a budget together on time then either so they changed it. That's right, they did a CPT Kirk with the budget. Instead of taking the test as written he (they) re-wrote it.

I'm waiting for them to change it back to Jan 1...that'll mean they're only a year behind...:eek:

Just remember: The opposite of "Pro" is "Con" so it must be true that "Congress is against Progress"!:eek:

flhrpi said:
The Hill Country rocks! I spent a week out there a couple of years ago, the riding is awesome. Plus they have a great micro there Fredericksburg Brewing. Hopefully I will be back this summer for a few days.

wish i could find a way to live out there! the Brewery won two medals at the GABF this year too. good brews, good food. we always stay upstairs in the Bed 'n Brew rooms. get brews instead of breakfast!:drunk:

Just caught this post Sam. I haven't been on in a while. You got a brewing bud in Austin if you want to cruise to South Austin. I could show you around some of the finer Pubs the Hill country has to offer. I missed HB99 while he was here but since your going to be here awhile we should hookup . MaybeEL P. can take a road trip to Austin while your here.

Cool, thanks! I'll finally be heading out Saturday morning. I have to be there by Tuesday. Once I get settled in and see what my work schedule is going to be like, maybe we'll be in touch. :)

Sudster said:
Just caught this post Sam. ... I could show you around some of the finer Pubs the Hill country has to offer. ...

Hell's Bells! I was born in Austin - otherwise known as "the Greatest City in the USofA!" I get down there at least once a year. Especially now that my p's just bought a retirement place in Georgetown!

Lets go to Lovejoy's or Live Oak for a few sometime! The after that, Matt's El Rancho for Mex!

Oh yeah... Hook 'em Horns!:D

Sam, you should really stand on one foot, dance around the can while screaming at the top of your lungs, the neighbors will look but its fine. Continue with that, your working up to the next step.. Stand over the can with drool comming from your mouth, drop your pants and drop a poo, pull your pants up and pee in the can, after that use a coat hanger and shape it into the siloet of the mud flap girl and hook it into the egg beater.. Thats how you mix the Hurculiner..

*SPPPtt* quietly so no one will hear
DID YOU EVER GET THAT HURCULINER OFF YOUR HOOTIS?

LOL....nothing to see here, folks.

Someday XTrmXJ will be a brewer. In the meantime, he'll just be weird.

Yes, it came off my hootis. It was much easier after I got my left thumb unstuck. Thanks for the help.

Back