So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
planning to bottle my bavarian hefeweizen either today or tomarrow. then come saturday or sunday, i plan to brew an oktoberfest, of which i've got to go the brew shop for the ingredients yet. :mug:

Ill be brewing AHS Vanilla Porter this weekend. Need to run by Brewmasters on Saturday and get a couple of things first.

Got a box from Austin Homebrew today ( first ordr btw - I like the service and product +100 ! )

So, tomorrow I can brew:

Session Series Blonde - Have not done anything liht in color yet - this appeals to me on a learning level

or

Stormcastle Brown - I need a brown - the one I did I did not like at all from a different source

or

I ordered up 6 lbs of Pilsen DME and 2 oz of Saaz hops. I have some champaign yeast, as well as some US 05 Safale. I could go to the LHBS and get some grains - I'd love to make something really light in amber / red territory, but would need some advice there...

Oh wait - I forgot - I picked up a bucket today - so I have 3 fermenters now.....:ban:

Happy Brewing amigos !

This is not a brewing weekend for me but a packaging weekend. I just finished bottling my blackberry barleywine and on Sunday I plan to keg my american pale ale. I should be drinking that one by the middle of next week! I wish I was brewing this weekend, but I need to focus on yardwork :(

I think I am going to brew Jamil's chocolate hazelnut porter next.

I'm brewing up Nukey Brown from Northern Brewer right now. I'm drinking a Moose Drool from Big Sky and just bottled the Northern Brewer clone called Caribou Slobber yesterday.

brewing up a sierra pale ale tomorrow, and kegging 10 gallons of belgian wit and 5 gallons of hefeweizen. also need to bottle 4.5 gallons of red wine

I'm just heading out to buy a couple 55 lbs bags of grain, and some specialty grains, yeast and hops so that i can brew (hopefully) every weekend for the next 4 to six weeks.:mug:

Its a double duty trip to Toronto because I am also going to see Roger Water-The Wall at the ACC.:rockin:

What a great weekend

Eric

I am brewing 12 gallons of pumkin beer and my 1st attempt at a carmel apple mead that will be 2.5 gallons.

Brewing up 5.5 gallons of some delicious Punkin' Ale on Sunday. This will actually end up being USDA Certified Organic... but not by choice; purely by chance, low prices, and severe lack of Libby's pumpkin puree.

Brewing up a hoppy red ale this afternoon - trying to copy the outcome of the Williams Triple Hop.

Heating strike water for my Carlton Banks IPA (black IPA)...

efec668a.jpg

brewed up an Oktober common (oktoberfest w/ cali common yeast). first try. hope it turns out!:mug:

Last wknd brewed 2.5gal Biermuncher's OktoberFAST ale, week before that brewed 5gal Biermuncher's Centennial Blonde. This wknd 2.5gal KingBrianI's Samhain Pumpkin Ale (but I added 1/2# C20L and subbed Wyeast London ESB Ale)!

On the hunt for another holiday spice ale for christmas time....

Brewing a stout tomorrow, anyone ever brewed the stout recipe out of Palmers, How to HomeBrew?

Cleaned out the garage and brewed myself an IIPA this afternoon. This finish's up 2 weekends and 20 gallons. Might not be much to some, but seeing as I only do 5 gallon batch's and I've only been brewing for six months, I'm stoked.

did an SNPA clone and a oktoberfast ale, both from biermunchers recipe stash.

started mash at 11am on the oktoberfast, went to inlaws, came back at 4, and finished the oktoberfast and the snpa all by 11pm!!

planning to bottle my bavarian hefeweizen either today or tomarrow. then come saturday or sunday, i plan to brew an oktoberfest, of which i've got to go the brew shop for the ingredients yet. :mug:

just got done bottle the hefe. got ingredients to do a dark german style ale, of which i have yet to decide to brew up tonight or wait until next weekend. :mug:

Brewed a Columbus/Citra Pale Ale today. Should ferment pretty quickly with some Nottingham but the recipe was a LHBS whim and might completely suck.

Did my first all grain (Epic Pale Ale Clone) on friday. Need to fix my efficiency a bit, but smells pretty good!

Congrats!

What kind of efficiency did you get?

Plenty of good simple tips around here to get those efficiency number up... Simple one that helped me was just stirring mash very well at start to break up dough balls, and stir every 15-20min through mash.

Congrats!

What kind of efficiency did you get?

Plenty of good simple tips around here to get those efficiency number up... Simple one that helped me was just stirring mash very well at start to break up dough balls, and stir every 15-20min through mash.

I was at 62%

I got my grains from brewmasters warehouse and should have looked at how they were milled (not very well.... according to Ed they were having some problems that have now been fixed). Also, planning on stirring more at the beginning, and 2 times during the mash (did not stir at all during). I also just let 'er rip when I was sparging so i will try that slower next time.

I figure just fixing those things have to help a lot. After I try those I will start looking at other parts of my procedure as needed.

Back