wanted keezer hinges

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corky

Reaction score
Hey, I'm a newbie member but have been reading here for a month or more now. I just got my keezer built. $50 12 cubic kenmore freezer from craigslist.
everything is done except it had internal hinges for the lid. I cut them off and figured I could get some used hinges from ebay or a local used appliance place. ebay has some but people want $40 for a used set with shipping. new hinges are $28 each, and the used place doesn't have any. I figure their has to be someone with a dead chest freezer somewhere who would sell me a set for $10? Bad thing is my neighbor just got rid of an old broken freezer the week before I got this one. I guess it's burried in the land fill now. any other time I would see 3 or 4 dead freezers out by my fishin holes in the pits but went fishing yesterday and didn't find any. so anyone have a set please let me know. I would just throw some cheap hinges on it but I want the lid to stay up on it's own. I mounted the collar on the freezer so the lid is only the original weight.

thanks in advance!

Mine has external hinges.. I added a collar and used garage door hinges so that I can raise either the lid or the collar.

You might want to give Lowes a try and check the garage door area. That is where mine came from.

Check out post #492 below to see what I'm talking about. Hope this helps.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/show-us-your-kegerator-29053/index50.html

thanks I'll check out the garage hinges. I mounted the 2x6 to the freezer so the hinges will only be mounted to the lid and the 2x6. I read the storys on here about the cooling tubes so I wasn't going to drill the base at all. I'll post pics when I get it done, I'm down to hinges and a couple of kegs of beer.

thanks again

Back