Beer Summit Abilene, Tx

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zuljin

I come from the water
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
We went to Beer Summit in Abilene on Saturday. It was a small venue compared to the last two beer fests we went to in the DFW. Small and still quite nice.

They had probably more beer than people there. Shiner, Rahr, Real Ale, Ska, Harpoon, Zeigenbock, Ace, Alamo, Shock Top, Victory and Lindeman, to name a few.

There were also some food trucks. I had a great brisket sandwich and some killer bread pudding.

Parking was free. Always a plus.

Shiner had several offerings including their Prickly Pear. Good stuff. Not what I expected though. It's not pink. It's an ale colored lager. Kinda tarnished brass colored and not super prickly pear sweet. It's a beer with a prickly pear flavor. Sadly, they are only selling it in the Reunion pack. Maybe a grocer will break out some as singles and we can build our own 6 packs of it. It's worth its own 6 pack. If you like Ruby Redbird, try Prickly Pear.

Back