Foam Problems

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Relampago

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I am having an issue with foam on one of my kegs. I have 1 regulator that feeds three kegs. Two of the kegs pull fine the third one is coming out half and half.

I carbed this keg at 10 psi at 38 degrees just like my other two for a week. My kegerator is an old fridge so all of the beer lines are inside and cool. The taps are perlick faucets. The one keg that is having a problem has a 10' line with 3/16 ID. I am not sure of the length of my other lines but I believe they are 7' with a 3/16 id. Other than length the only difference is the OD on the lines would that matter?

Assuming that the regulator was reading correct at 10 PSI would it have been possible to over carb it?

I switched beer lines between one of my good kegs and the bad one. The beer that was pouring foam was still pouring foam through the line and tap that had been fine. The line and tap that had been foam was good one the other keg.

The keg was pouring strong so I bled a little off and will check again tomorrow. I assume a clog would slow down the flow, or am I wrong about that. I had taken the post off while crabbing due to a leak, I believe I put the post back right.

Is it possible to over carb a beer at 10 psi.

Relampago said:
I switched beer lines between one of my good kegs and the bad one. The beer that was pouring foam was still pouring foam through the line and tap that had been fine. The line and tap that had been foam was good one the other keg.

The keg was pouring strong so I bled a little off and will check again tomorrow. I assume a clog would slow down the flow, or am I wrong about that. I had taken the post off while crabbing due to a leak, I believe I put the post back right.

Is it possible to over carb a beer at 10 psi.

I had some hopes from dry hopping up in my pooper one time that created a bunch of foam. You might check the poppets and dip tubes to see if that's the case. They would still pour at the same speed due to the pressure but the beer would come out foamy due to the turbulence of passing by whatever I'd clogged. You said your running all three off the same regulator? If so your definitely not over carbed cause the other kegs are fine.

This is the first time I have used this keg. I cleaned and sanitized it but never checked the tube. I did check the post.

I use a diff regulator to carb my kegs since I don't have room in my Fridge.

Back