Re-Read "How To Brew"

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beerthoven

Reaction score
I went on vacation last week and took John Palmer's "How To Brew" with me. I've read the book before, but I re-read almost the entire thing again. It is a fantastic source of information. 95% of the questions asked on this message board are answered there.

So, if you have not read "How to Brew" I suggest you do so (the first edition is free and can be found at www.howtobrew.com). If you haven't read it in a while, you might want to consider reading it again.

My next brewing book is going to be Ray Daniels "Designing Great Beers".

Cheers! :mug:

I'm reading Designing Great Beers now... it's very detailed with charts, graphs and so on. My inner geek was going wild during the "determining OG" chapter.

I need to read more How To Brew; I read a little at first but that's it.

It's a great book and handy reference too!

If you want a great read, try Making Beer by William Mares. It's out of print and my review seemed to disappear from the book review section, but I highly recommend it for an entertaining read that will bring back memories for any old homebrewer.

I have not read the print version, although I want to pick it up, but I used the net version a great deal in my first brewday.

Very helpful.

I agree. It's a great reference when you are "doing", but you really get a better understanding when you read it away from actual brewing.

This is especiually true if you can read it in several long stretches.

Back