What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Big Boss Aces&Ates. Coffee Stout. 8%. Dam good.

ForumRunner_20130906_214219.jpg

Would that be because of the CRAZY dreams it's supposed to give you? ;)

My old boss quit with Chantix. Said he had the most terrifying and vivid nightmares ever because of that stuff.

I wouldn't know, haha. All we were told is that it's an anti-depressant so we're not allowed to take it. The patch, at least when you first start, gives you vivid dreams. Not necessarily nightmares, but very vivid, almost lucid, dreams.

Drinking a Legacy of Vienna now.

20130906_213600.jpg

Big ol' glass of Oatmeal Stout.

Question for y'all. I think I'm going to pick up something special for myself for Monday. Will be 6 months since I quit smoking, the furthest I've made it before. Don't want to pull something out of my stash (maybe after a year smoke free I will though), but not sure what to go for. Recommendations?

If you haven't had it (and my memory from last weekend is a little hazy) I'd recommend the Firestone Double DBA Imperial ESB. That seems like a beer that would make a great reward for you!

Rendered chicken skin in the secondary? Marris 90%, Munich 5%, Biscuit 5%? Not quite blonde, and how would you hop it? Low amt perle in the boil?

Yeah, not quite a blonde but the grain bill sounds about right. I think hops would be about 5 IBU (10 max) and all bittering. I think Safale 05 should give it a clean finish. If the chicken smell/flavor wasn't in the gravity sample at bottling I think I'd try dissolving some better than bouillon in the priming sugar. Probably would be nasty as hell, but I just might try a very small batch on that down the road :D

If you haven't had it (and my memory from last weekend is a little hazy) I'd recommend the Firestone Double DBA Imperial ESB. That seems like a beer that would make a great reward for you!

I have had it, and it's delicious. Granted I haven't looked for it recently, but last time I went looking for it I was told it was no longer distributed here.

I wouldn't know, haha. All we were told is that it's an anti-depressant so we're not allowed to take it. The patch, at least when you first start, gives you vivid dreams. Not necessarily nightmares, but very vivid, almost lucid, dreams.

Drinking a Legacy of Vienna now.

The patch did the trick for me on the 2nd go-around. The difference between the 1st failed attempt and the 2nd was I didn't hibernate when I did it the 2nd go-around. I went out to bars and made sure I was around people who were smoking so it was easy to ignore when the patch was done. Best move I've ever made now that I'm 16 years free of that stuff! Best of luck to you & Qhrumphf - it's a b!tch no matter what you use to help.

The patch did the trick for me on the 2nd go-around. The difference between the 1st failed attempt and the 2nd was I didn't hibernate when I did it the 2nd go-around. I went out to bars and made sure I was around people who were smoking so it was easy to ignore when the patch was done. Best move I've ever made now that I'm 16 years free of that stuff! Best of luck to you & Qhrumphf - it's a b!tch no matter what you use to help.

I made the decision to quit once and for all during a road trip on the way back from Florida to Connecticut with my wife, MIL and FIL. All of them are smokers. :( It was tough, but I am a stubborn SOB.

DisturbdChemist said:
Oh sh*t I forgot about that lol. Let me check it now.

It comes out in January. Next release get some. The date should be on the label

The date wasn't really on the label. Mine read release no. 17 2013. Kind of mislead me into thinking it was the 17th batch of 2013. Live and learn I guess! That's why I love this thread you guys let me know I'm drinking old $hitt. Just finished a burton baton. Got the call from work tellin me I have to work OT tomorrow morning so looks like I'm callin it early.

The date wasn't really on the label. Mine read release no. 17 2013. Kind of mislead me into thinking it was the 17th batch of 2013. Live and learn I guess! That's why I love this thread you guys let me know I'm drinking old $hitt. Just finished a burton baton. Got the call from work tellin me I have to work OT tomorrow morning so looks like I'm callin it early.

This is why I am getting out of the Navy. Can't wait until OT is a real thing for me. For the next two years, though, they can work me as much as they want at salary w/ no OT. :(

Unibroue, Chambly (Que) Canada! One of my favs for sure!

Ah Unibroue, my first interesting beer experience. Had a La Fin du Monde when I was 18, and loved it already. The Terrible is great if you are around snow.

It usually says a month on there too. Weird? But yea its released in January. Look for it again and give it a second chance.

Having this. Their first sour release. A flanders red. Hope its good

ForumRunner_20130906_211732.jpg

dcHokie said:
Just popped this Blaugies Biere Darbyste, and I'll get some 3726 dregs for my trouble

Nice!

Black tea and agua. Time to hit the road.

Chicken beer should be chicken and waffles IMO.

As an ex smoker, I've got to say the secret is actually wanting to quit. Sounds dumb, but it was true for me. You can try and quit all you want, but you have to want to.

nukebrewer said:
This is why I am getting out of the Navy. Can't wait until OT is a real thing for me. For the next two years, though, they can work me as much as they want at salary w/ no OT. :(

Yea ever since I hit 1st grade firefighter a couple months ago, OT has been a thing of beauty. The pay rates between 6th 5th 4th 3rd and 2nd grade FF are slight increases. From 2nd to 1st is almost a 40% raise in salary. Add a NYC firefighter hiring freeze for almost 5 years into the mix and the ranks are extremely depleted. Making overtime readily available and me more than happy to grab it and pad my salary while the grabbing is good.

That is awesome you are in the navy though man. Thanks for your service. :mug:

Yea ever since I hit 1st grade firefighter a couple months ago, OT has been a thing of beauty. The pay rates between 6th 5th 4th 3rd and 2nd grade FF are slight increases. From 2nd to 1st is almost a 40% raise in salary. Add a NYC firefighter hiring freeze for almost 5 years into the mix and the ranks are extremely depleted. Making overtime readily available and me more than happy to grab it and pad my salary while the grabbing is good.

That is awesome you are in the navy though man. Thanks for your service. :mug:

It's an honor to serve, but it doesn't pay the bills nearly as well as I'd like it to, haha.

nukebrewer said:
Was the one I gave you the first you'd ever had?

Yes it was. I've been wanting more ever since. I was almost worried that it wouldn't be the same and that I wouldn't be as excited about it when I had it again. But, it's still on the top of my list of best DIPAs that I've ever had.

Inuk shuk ipa, Ould sod irish red ipa, New glarus staghorn octoberfest(not a fan of style but one of if not the best one Ive enjoyed), Summit meridian session ale-not big on a belgian session but its ok. Im infatuated with making a blueberry pyment soon,its like all I can think about. Just need to make it and get it over with cuz it takes way to long to be able to drink it.:smack:

I suck at carbing beers

Looks like a good carb to me.

You popped my HT and Abrasive cherry. All in one transaction. :D

I don't if I can swing it, but I will try to bring some Abrasive with me in November. I know France44 had it last year, but I will definitely be trading for it so I should have some if you're not able to get it.

nukebrewer said:
Looks like a good carb to me.

I don't if I can swing it, but I will try to bring some Abrasive with me in November. I know France44 had it last year, but I will definitely be trading for it so I should have some if you're not able to get it.

Awesome. If you don't get any Abrasive and feel like popping my Ghandi Bot cherry, I wouldn't complain. :D
I'll try to get some good stuff from Chicago by then that you might be interested in.

Fuzzymittenbrewing said:
Sort of debatable but a phenomenal beer no less. One of my all time faves and Ive only had 2.

I guess I should say "best DIPA out there that I've had."

Back