Lagunitas - Little Sumpin'

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arturo7

Reaction score
Run, don't walk to your bottle shop. If they can get it, this limited release ale won't spend much time on the shelves. Another fine west coast ale.

From the label:

Little Sumpin'
Sumpin' Ale

64IBU, OG 1.076

It's their summer beer...it's been on shelves for a few months. It's a dry hopped american wheat ale like Gumball Head. Little Sumpin Wild is a limited release i believe that only comes in bombers.

I just grabbed a 6 pack of the sumpin sumpin the other day on a whim... holy crap it's fantastic. Wheat beer with all the "c" hops...

Im in northern Cali and I have been searching for it. I have been to a few stores. I hope I get to catch it! If I do not find my Friday I will pack the wife and kid into the car and head to Petaluma(1.5hrs away), I will have this by Saturday! ;)

Really liked this beer. Nice to find something different in the AIPA style, very nice. Tried Sumpin Wild also. Nice beer but thought the Belgian yeast was drowned out by the high IBU's.

Drinking a glass of it right now. Very good. Did anyone try Tyranena la femme amere? Very similar with both being BIPAs.

Really liked this beer. Nice to find something different in the AIPA style, very nice. Tried Sumpin Wild also. Nice beer but thought the Belgian yeast was drowned out by the high IBU's.

As I drink one of the Wilds right now I can agree with this statement completely. All I'm getting is a nose and mouth full of hops; not bad by any means but I'm wondering if maybe some aging would help let the yeast shine a little more.

Thoughts...?

Had Lil' Sumpin' Wild last night on tap at Firkin in Libertyville, IL...really good beer and I too was surprised to learn it was a wheat. Does anyone have an all grain clone recipe for it?

Just cracked open a Lil Sumpin Wild, and man is that good! Lagunitas is 3 for 3 (or 2.5 for 2.5) on their seasonals with me. Loved Undercover Shutdown, Sumpin Sumpin, and Sumpin Wild

found the wild in the safeway by my house, had no idea they had a pretty decent selection of bombers till about a week ago. good to know that it's great though, probably be popping it open tomorrow

I loved Lil' Sumpin' but I'm not a big fan of Lil' Sumpin' Wild. The belgian yeast flavor/aroma doesn't complement the american hop character...

I had the Lil' Sumpin' Wild from a bottle last night. Tasty. I liked the belgian yeast in it a lot more than I thought I would.

Tried Lil' Sumpin Sumpin last year on recommendation of a local bottle shop. I like it quite a bit, but I have to be in the mood for hoptasticness.

I tend to go for beer with lower IBUs, but this beer is really good with spicy food.

Have not tried Sumpin' Wild because while I love Belgian styles, I wasn't a fan of Stone's Cali-Belg so I was thinking the style probably wasn't my thing.

I wasn't a fan of the Sumpin' Wild either. I'm a big fan of belgians and IPAs at the same time, I just didn't think this beer worked. I'd prefer to drink Victory's Wild Devil.

Back