Show us your sculpture or brew rig

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the explanation! I have no welding skills, but I can build just about anything with wood...I'm gonna get started on one of these babies!

Thanks for the explanation! I have no welding skills, but I can build just about anything with wood...I'm gonna get started on one of these babies!

I'll post more detailed pictures when I get a chance of exactly how I constructed it. I personally know how to weld just wanted to keep it as simple as possible. Also I can replace parts much easier than I they are welded

Here's my steel 3 tier. Has 220k btu burners for all three tiers. Makes it much easier to make 10-15 gallons at a time with no heavy lifting.

1407252322681.jpg

I see a likely problem just waiting for the first firing to show itself.

It appears the keggles are totally closing off any egress for exhaust gases/heat to escape from the burners. You will most likely find that you'll need to shim the keggles up off the deck to allow the burners to run clean (and not have all the exhaust gases flowing under the deck and emerging around your belt line)...

Cheers!

It is hard to see in that picture but there is actually about 2" opening around the kegs. I tested them before I welded it all up. I might raise them up a bit more if needed.

Instant Hot Water Heater. It was a great addition to the brewery, it gets from tap to a few degrees below strike temp. Then I let the burner/PID get it the last couple of degrees.

Interesting where do I find one of these instant water heaters, never mind google is my friend lol

That's a different brand. The key thing is to make sure you know what the max temperature rise is for the unit. Some have temp override sensors that limit it to 50 or 60F over incoming water temp. I spoke with the vendor of my unit to make sure it didn't have a limit. Shoot me a pm if you would like more info on the HWH.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

That's a different brand. The key thing is to make sure you know what the max temperature rise is for the unit. Some have temp override sensors that limit it to 50 or 60F over incoming water temp. I spoke with the vendor of my unit to make sure it didn't have a limit. Shoot me a pm if you would like more info on the HWH.

The Insta-hot that I bought will do 180 out of the spout. Speeds up the brew day so much! Nice set up bud!

Thanks. 180F is the cutoff for mine as well. However, I find it works best (and pretty consistent) when I am
In the 165F to 170F range. I agree, it's one of the best additions to the brewery. I believe it saves quite a bit of propane as well but haven't verified.

duoLRBY.jpg

Totally mobile, marginally ghetto.
I have to break it all down each brew and store everything but the shelf in the spare room.

RVU44WD.jpg

Thanks. 180F is the cutoff for mine as well. However, I find it works best (and pretty consistent) when I am
In the 165F to 170F range. I agree, it's one of the best additions to the brewery. I believe it saves quite a bit of propane as well but haven't verified.

What models is everyone using?
Are they electric or propane?

Last question. Do they have a garden hose adapter or do they have to be hard-lined?

Edit: I did some research on the EZ 101 and EZ 202. Looks like you are using the EZ202. I was contemplating the EZ 101. thoughts?

How many of you guys with propane setups brew in your garage? My driveway is not level so I can't brew out there. Was wondering about brewing at the edge of the garage with the door up.

I have a single tier 3-burner stand, and usually haul everything to my backyard. My wife keeps asking why I don't brew in the garage (where everything is stored) with the door up, but I just don't want to risk it. Aside from the CO issues, I have an irrational fear the overhead heat is enough to ignite the rafters even though I stand over the thing most of the time and haven't combusted yet.

Plus, there are drips, and I'd rather cleanup the back patio than make a mess in the garage.

Brew52, gorgeous! What efficiency do you get with the no sparge system? I'm currently using a single-tier 3 vessel system and considering the switch.

Thank you for the comment. I actually have not brewed on it yet and that's why it still looks pretty, but I have recently posted a bunch of information about the system on this Forum under the “Electric Brewing" category. My thread title is: Purpose Built No-Sparge Brewery. Check it out and feel free to ask me any questions. :mug:

JonGrafto, you are correct, I went with the EZ202. I was looking at the EZ101 originally and when I spoke to the engineer/support resource they had a couple reasons why it wouldnt work well in my application. I think it was flow rate, temp rise and cutout, and something else that was different than the EZ202. I had this before I built my new system and it has been working great.

How many of you guys with propane setups brew in your garage? My driveway is not level so I can't brew out there. Was wondering about brewing at the edge of the garage with the door up.

I brew w/ propane, in an enclosed room. I have a hood overtop with 600 cfm fan. Brewing w/ garage door up is plenty of ventilation.

If you are weary, buy a CO detector to put yourself at ease

I've posted my setup on here before, but I've made a few changes since the last time. The original design was a triangular, two tier system. As I added stuff, I got tired of tripping over hoses and I added a cantilever 80/20 shelf to hold my MLT & control panel. I also ditched my keggle BK in favor of a 20 gallon Blichmann. I also built an interpretation of the More Beer Ultimate Sparge Arm.

Brew Stand 8-14.JPG

Back