new from alabama

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bam

Reaction score
Hi all. I'm a new homebrewer from trussville/clay, alabama. I got my first starter kit for christmas from the wife and couldn't be more excited. I've got a batch of altitude amber in the fermenter. It's been in there 7 days and just did a hydrometer reading and it's sitting at 1.011 @ 63degreesF. I am just getting into this hobby so I am very uneducated and I welcome all helpful and constructive advice. I really enjoyed the process of brewing the batch and watching everything come together and can't wait till I can sample. Looking forward to starting my next batch soon, just can't seem to decide what to brew next! :D

Chucke - thanks for the link! Can't wait to get more invloved in this.

Awesome! Are you a member of either club? How long have you been a brewer?

I obviously just got into it lol.. I'm still trying to learn all the lingo and what are all the differences in different styles of beer and tastes etc.. there is a lot of info out there! I feel like a kid in a candy store lol

No, I'm not in either club... I'm over on the AL/GA line.
I go to the Auburn Brew Club when possible, but that's over an hour away.
I've been brewing 2.5 years now.

The first thing to learn in homebrewing- RDWHAHB (Relax Don't Worry Have A Home Brew) :fro:

Ok cool. I have a friend that lives in Auburn, and my baby sister in law goes to auburn also.

So far I've been pretty chill about the process.. the part that is killing me is wanting so bad to get it bottled and conditioned and chilled and DRANK! :D

I'm looking at my options for my next kit. Any sggestions?

Thanks! Will definitely hafta check out the link and the choices for the next brew.

Back