How good is this water for brewing?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like a good water with pretty low mineral content. The pH is a bit high so you might want to use a little 5.2 buffer on lighter beers but otherwise I think you could brew pretty much anything you wanted. Just add mineral additions to get you close to each beer's target profile.

Looks very nice, low in minerals and alkalinity. This type of water is much easier to adjust for various styles as some simple brewing salt additions can morph it to suitability for virtually any beer. Disagree with KB about the water's pH. First, it isn't all that high and with the low ion content there is little holding it in place. The pH of the water is not a big deal as it is the pH of the mash that you want to adjust. Don't waste your money on 5.2 buffer, you won't need it. After some simple adjustments to beer style with this water I doubt you will have any problems with the mash pH. :mug:

I have suggested the link below many times as a good primer to understanding brewing water:
Water And Homebrewing

Back