Anyone Snus?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
try some copenhagen snuff, that is, after you get done ironing your skirts...

Wow, it's amazing people still think like this... you know, the whole "macho" thing. Did you read the whole thread?... about the significantly reduced levels of nitrosamines... you know, CANCER? That's like telling a jack hammer operator he can go get his hearing protection after he finishes ironing his skirt.

For inexplicable reasons, I've been craving tobacco lately. I haven't had a "habit" in quite some time, but I bought some of the Camel stuff today. I found it weak in comparison to dip, but much easier to "stomach," and much longer lasting. I can't wait to get the Swedish sampler in the mail.

Edit: I did find it very easy to kelp the "pris" dry. So much so that the effect became negligible. When it began to "wear off," a quick prod of the tongue (so to speak) was enough to re-invigorate the "experience."

HAHAHA!! Welcome to the fold bud! You tried loose snus for your first time? Damn, thats bold! Im afraid to try loose snus cause I have a deathly fear of mudmouth. (Even if its only in the beginning stages of going loose)
Im just too much of a wuss.
-Me

try some copenhagen snuff, that is, after you get done ironing your skirts...:D:D:D:tank::rockin::ban:

But why would I iron my own skirt when I have Cope users like you more than eager to do it for me? :cross: :D:cross::D
(Hows that for sarcasm!)
-Me

I ordered a sampler pack from getsnus.com today. said it would be here in2-3 days, coming fron Penn.
it included: 1 - General Wintergreen White Portion
1 - Gotlands Anis (Grey) Portion
1 - Skruf Cranberry Portion
1 - Offroad Coffee Vanilla Portion
1 - Catch Eucalyptus White Portion

Plus I ordered 2 cans of the Odens Classic Cinnamon.

Keep us posted on when you get it. I am worried about ordering from sweden.

Keep us posted on when you get it. I am worried about ordering from sweden.

I think I am going to make an order there here shortly as well. I Think I may have a weeks worth of snus left and I dont want to run out!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH THE MERE THOUGHT OF CAMEL MAKES ME SHUDDER!!!

Getting my stuff from Sweden doesnt bother me as much as the wait. I damn near camped out at my mailbox when I was waiting for this last order.
-Me

I think I am going to make an order there here shortly as well. I Think I may have a weeks worth of snus left and I dont want to run out!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH THE MERE THOUGHT OF CAMEL MAKES ME SHUDDER!!!

Getting my stuff from Sweden doesnt bother me as much as the wait. I damn near camped out at my mailbox when I was waiting for this last order.
-Me

I got the cheap postage, and in their disclaimer, states no tracking. Don't want to get hung up in customs..

Did you use the UPS or the post?

So I got my package a few days ago, and man, I can't believe I waited this long. All I've tried so far is the Goteborgs Rape, and I really like this stuff. Apart from no longer having the sandpaper lip and the spit cups, the taste is great and I have no craving for the Skoal. Thanks JoeMama!

I recieved my order yesterday. UPS delievered it. Order was complete with a bonus can of General mini-mint(the bst ive tried yet. I tried the Odens Cinnamon, cranberry and the anise flavors, not sure yet on those. I think those are going to be an acquired taste.Getsnus customer service was also good. I didnt recieve a confirmation after placing my order. I used their contact us form, and received a response within the half hour. Will order from them again.

Got the can of general white portion the other day.
It is much better then the Camel. After using the general the camel stuff really doesn't cut it any more. I really hope the rest of my order gets here soon.
I am down to one or two cigarettes a day. (0 today so far)
thanks for turning me on to the snus

LOL This so rocks - Homebrew saves people from beers that have one flavor - BUD.
Snus saves people from tobbaco that has one flavor - BUTT.

Not to mention all of the other beneficial (less harmful) attributes that snus offers.
Ugh, I think that I have a UR infection (chest hurts like **** and I am coughing up nasties)

Id like to believe its my chests way of trying to get rid of all those nasties from cigarettes. (But this is a week or 2 later smokeless)

It will pass, and I will continue to enjoy my snus. Welcome to my fellow reformed smokers/dippers and vitamin N junkies! (Welcome to better health!)
-Me

*Note* And dont thank me for all of this - truth is, its the fact that GMB who started this thread and peaked my interest and research in snus. I just took the ball and ran with it once I saw how much it grew on me. (Similar to homebrewing)
So I wholeheartedly blame HBT for turning me onto snus and being able to share the word :p
Yall rule

Perhaps I mis-spoke. Camel is only sold as portion snus. I guess I need to brush up on the lingo.

LOL I think I might have misread too :p

You said you got the American Camel snus. (Duh... Im a knucklehead) Yeah, that doesnt come in loose. Which one did you try?

If you liked the Frost, then General Mini Mint is Camel Snus done right.
If you liked the 'mellow' there are a plethora of regular tobacco flavored snuses. (Not exactly my favs though) Thats the beautiful thing about snus - there are SOOOOOOOO many different flavors (and they seem to go pretty good with my homebrew!)
-Me

I got one of them slips in the mailbox today for parcel deliver- sign for release. DAMN!!! I missed my deliver of my goodies. At least it's nice to know it got thru customs.. Monday will be a great day-like coming home to christmas..

I have finally grown accustomed to the Swedish Snus, the salt, the wood. Even with the Swedish Snus in, I still have nictotine cravings. Perhaps on my next order I will step up to the stronger portions.

This weekedn was the first in a VERY long time that I had no need for a cigarette. Matter of fact, I didn;t even Snus much either. If I were to guess, I maybe Snused twice the entire weekend.

As to those who are fighting with their lungs....

About 2 weeks after I had offcially quit (all but the occasional) smoke, my lungs wreaked havoc on me. there were a few times I asked myself Should that be that should be THAT color".

I have also grown quite fond of the General packing system. It's alway so nice to open the puck and be welcomed by the carefully packed circular pattern of the portions. As opposed to some of the others who just toss them in. All the others are nice to but, the General gives som visual appeal too.

And, I have come to actually like the smell when I open the puck. Mmmmmm. Snus.

Years of smoking had really packed my lungs with some crap. I doubt my lungs will ever fully recover from all the tar I have packed into them but, at least Snus "paved the road" to them being able to start.

I ran out of the General white today.
I was thinking of buying an extra tin of the camel
on my way home from work to last till the rest of my order came in but decided
I'd rather just smoke till I get the good stuff.
Walked in the house and my shipment was waiting for me
Göteborgs Rapé White Portion
Catch Eucalyptus White Portion
Wise Citrus/Menthol 6mg
Ettan Portion
Skruf Stark Portion
General Portion
Tre Ankare
Nick (and Johnny) Original Portion
Röda Lacket White Portion
Grovsnus Portion
First out trying a Ettan, don't notice a hell of a lot of difference from
the general white maybe a little more peppery.
Anyhow I am really ****ing happy:D

I placed an order for the trial stuff from General a long time ago (feels that way at least). Have yet to get anything in the mail. Was looking forward to the Wintergreen.

It may have been burgeled from my curb box or porch, it's happened before (dang kids). I may never know.

Got my order today- picked it up at lunch break from post office.
TriedJakobbsens Ice Fruit. Very good
on the way home from work, tried Offroad(cheap) Ice Mint- Good
Free can was Tobaca portion.

From BuySnus? I didn't get a free tin. That sucks. I wonder if it's cause I didn't fully register, IIRC.

There's five cans of "Extra Sterk" in my fridge my roomie got in sweden...neither of us chew/snus/whatever. Tried some fishing the other day and about fell over. Too sterk for me.

From BuySnus? I didn't get a free tin. That sucks. I wonder if it's cause I didn't fully register, IIRC.

I ordered a lot, but I think anything over 10 cans gets you a free can,

Product Size Quantity
Elixyr Peppermint portion 1 Pack 1
General Portion 1 Pack 1
Jakobssons Ice-Fruit Snus 1 Pack 1
Kronan loose 1 Pack 1
Lucky Strike Portion 1 Pack 1
Offroad - American Wintergreen Portion 10 Pack 1
Offroad Limited - Icemint Portion 1 Pack 1
Skruf Strong Portion 1 Pack 1
Thunder Frosted Extra Strong portion 1 Pack 1
1 random can of snus 1 Pack 1

Just placed my order yesterday - hopefully I dont run out before it gets here, but this is looking more and more to be the case... Good thing I gave a can of Gotland Green to a buddy (and he never touched the stuff) That might be enough to get me thru the couple of days it should take from my past order - here it be
General Onyx White Portion 2
General Ekstra Sterk Portion 1
Gotlandssnus Flader (Green) Portion 1
Oden's Classic Cinnamon Portion 1
Offroad Cranberry Portion 1
Skruf Cranberry Portion 1
Jakobsson's Ice Fruit Portion 2
GetSnus Mystery Can FREE 1

I should have been a bit more adventurous and tried a couple more starks/sterks but thus far the GenOnyx is my tasty wake up snus.

Gawd, I shudder to think if I had to go back to Camel (even for a little bit) I need to ensure I keep plenty on hand and not necessarily order when Im getting close to running out. (Kinda like I wish I would do with my own brews!)
-Me

Yeah, I didnt like the funky aftertaste the Offroad Ice Mint left in my mouth. It was a good snus, but not a fav. How is the Tobaca?
-Me

There are so damned many 'Snussites' out there now its ridiculous. One piece of advise that I followed from this thread was Get snus at GetSnus.com

I went with them primarily because they are here in the states (PA)
I placed my order Sunday evening, it was shipped the following day and I just met the UPS man out in the rain to eagerly get my package. AWESOME prices, awesome customer service (and oh yeah, did I mention they are here in the states?) The only (well, I guess you wouldnt call it a 'complaint') is the fact that they have to label the cans with the stupid little "This MAY cause mouth cancer warning" Its a non issue, but one of those 'little things' that makes you roll your eyes. Im fuggin STOKED as all get out now cause I have a bit in stock again. (I was getting nervous there for a sec!)

Snusing a Skruff (Cranberry) right now. Its not too bad... I cant wait to try my other 'new' flavors, as well as tap into some of my regulars :)
Snus on!
-Me

Oh yeah, and for every order of 5 cans or more you get a free can. I got General MM (always a winner in my book) and cool cause I gave my other can to a buddy of mine.

How is the Tobaca?

Did not try it yet.. I didn't want to open all the cans..

I was happy with the order, service was excellent, but 2 cans are past the sell by date.
What would you do?

How is the Tobaca?

Did not try it yet.. I didn't want to open all the cans..

I was happy with the order, service was excellent, but 2 cans are past the sell by date.
What would you do?

It depends if it bothers you. You could send them an email just notifying them and leave it up to them if they want to make it up to you. Service seems very good to me...

Me said:
Comments: Hello,
I just ordered 10 cans including a 5-pack Flavored Snus. Would it be possible to replace the Offroad Coffee Vanilla with Offroad Icemint or Eucalyptus? I am not interested in the Coffee Vanilla at all. If you can accommodate, I would be very grateful.
GetSnus Support said:
Steve,

Thank you for ordering with GetSnus.com! We do not normally make substitutions in our samplers, however, I will replace the Coffee Vanilla with the Icemint as a one time offer. If there is anything else I can assist you with, please feel free to reply to this e-mail.

Sincerely,
Jill C

I just got into snus after trying the camel snus products and being really annoyed at how little of a kick they had. After some research and cruising forums (like this) I discovered northerner.com. Now I'm still a snubbie. I already recieved 6 cans of general wintergreen. Never having tried dip before. I kinda enjoy it. Currently I have a large amount of snus coming in three seperate orders :D Dont wanna tip the guys off at customs so i kept the orders apart. But here goes what i have and am waiting on.

Lucky Strike, White Portion - 1 pcs.
Odens Kanel, Portion - 1 pcs.
Skruf Original White - 1 pcs.
Top 10, Snus Box - 1 pcs.
Jakobssons Icefruit, Portion - 1 pcs.
Icetool Snusbox, Portion - 1 pcs.
Gotland Green, Portion - 1 pcs.
Gustavus Original, Portion - 1 pcs.
Göteborgs Rape No2, White Portion - 1 pcs.
General Onyx, Black Portion - 1 pcs.
Skruf Stark, White - 1 pcs.
Goteborgs Rape, White Portion - 1 pcs.
Claq Qui, Strong Portion - 2 pcs.
CatchDry Eucalyptus, Mini - 1 pcs.
General Wintergreen, Portion - 6 pcs.
Skruf Cranberry, Portion - 12 pcs.

:D I should be good for a few months once this gets here :D

i also bought like 4 of those cans with free points from northerner. I have 280 something more points too XD at about 50 points per a free can... i like this system

I just got into snus after trying the camel snus products and being really annoyed at how little of a kick they had. After some research and cruising forums (like this) I discovered northerner.com. Now I'm still a snubbie. I already recieved 6 cans of general wintergreen. Never having tried dip before. I kinda enjoy it. Currently I have a large amount of snus coming in three seperate orders :D Dont wanna tip the guys off at customs so i kept the orders apart. But here goes what i have and am waiting on.

Lucky Strike, White Portion - 1 pcs.
Odens Kanel, Portion - 1 pcs.
Skruf Original White - 1 pcs.
Top 10, Snus Box - 1 pcs.
Jakobssons Icefruit, Portion - 1 pcs.
Icetool Snusbox, Portion - 1 pcs.
Gotland Green, Portion - 1 pcs.
Gustavus Original, Portion - 1 pcs.
Göteborgs Rape No2, White Portion - 1 pcs.
General Onyx, Black Portion - 1 pcs.
Skruf Stark, White - 1 pcs.
Goteborgs Rape, White Portion - 1 pcs.
Claq Qui, Strong Portion - 2 pcs.
CatchDry Eucalyptus, Mini - 1 pcs.
General Wintergreen, Portion - 6 pcs.
Skruf Cranberry, Portion - 12 pcs.

:D I should be good for a few months once this gets here :D

I can vouch for a only a couple of those on your list (as Im relatively a snubie too) but DAYMN! You are gonna be busy for a while with that HUGE selection! Looks like you prefer the more 'natural' tobacco flavor with your snuses, and you made some really good choices! (From the reviews I have read on your selections)
-Me

Had to share this (Cut and pasted from another posting of mine)

Only 2 orders and several cans into my snus journey, I must say that being a snubie is kinda sorta pretty cool! Primarily for the fact that I am not smoking anymore (my lungs are BITCHING - but then again I am sick too)

But also because its neat to explore and discover new favs, and not so fav flavs. I still have a few cans of untested snus in my freezer (and its okay to not try them all at once in one sitting). And I can now appreciate the snuses for their 'ultimate' flavor. Sure they might seem a little 'salty' or 'harsh' or even not so appealing at first tuck, but Ive REALLY come to appreciate the properties of when the snus finally mellows and gets to its 'plateau' of flavor (usually about 30 or so minutes in) Case in point - Odens original (I think thats it) Initially I wasnt too impressed with this snus, but after about that 30 minute point, I really started to notice the wonderful cinnamon(y) characteristics that just seemed to flow and consume me. Sure the initial nic hit is nice, but Im really coming to appreciate the long lasting enjoyment that I am getting from these new snuses. Had a Skruff Krandingleberry last night, an Odens (yum) and this AM a General Ekstra Sterk to wake me up. I havent tapped into the 'favs' (or ones I ordered more than one can of) as I am enjoying discovering new snuses and new flavors. Gawd... This is getting kind of tough to choose! There are so many that I am liking!
Meh, time to get ready...
Work beckons...
-Me

Ayup, JM. Some of these do take some time to get to the underlying flavors. I am still enjoying the General White Portion. I do find that with the authentic Snus I don't Snus near as much as I do with the Camel Domestic.

Oddly enough even with the Swedish Snus I find I don't get the Nic hit I am looking for and end up occasionally doubling my portions. Even then they still last much longer in the tuck than do the Camel. But I do still enjoy the Camel domestic offering. In fact I find the domestic most enjoyable when doubled with a foreign snus. Yumm. What can I say, I have a sweet tooth and the candied flavor appeals to me.

To be honest, if nothing else, I think the higher salt content of the Swedish Snus had actually aided in me cutting down not just on ciggy's alone but on nicotine use in general. When I ordered I got a 8 puck Swedish sampler. One by one I opened them to get a taste for each and of those I didn;t have the taste for I taped them up and re-froze them. By last count, last nite, I am just now back into the 3rd puck of the original 8. So, that means what, a puck is lasting me about a week? Not bad, considering I am still good for another 5 weeks (give or take).

i had like a back to back 6 hour chain snus fest last night. Pfffew lemme tell you what that was crazy. I was all spinning and everything. Felt like the first time i smoked but in a good way.perfect solution for the lazy day D:

Some have commited on not caring for the offroad offerings. I got a puck of the coffe vanilla, kinda has a tootsie roll flavor to it. That is after the salt flavor subsides, its kinda growing on me. I also enjoyed a few of the Rape No. 2 at work last evening.

i had like a back to back 6 hour chain snus fest last night. Pfffew lemme tell you what that was crazy. I was all spinning and everything. Felt like the first time i smoked but in a good way.perfect solution for the lazy day D:

After a week or two of exclusive Snusing, I had a moment of weakness and lit a ciggy. BAD IDEA! In just two puffs the nicotine hit me in such a rush I literally felt like I was in a pre-passout drunken state. Cold sweats and a nagging feeling as if I were about to heave. That was teh last of that pack. I have finally attained a level where ciggies literally make me sick!

Have you tried the General Mini Mint? If you like the Camel Frost, GMM is da ****!
Yeah, and I know the feeling of not getting the nic hit like you used to. Im a nic junkie too and I think I might dhelve into the sterks here before long. (Oh yeah, did I mention that Odens is rather tasty? Good nic hit too!)
-Me

Back