Too Fruity = Dry Hop

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BBL_Brewer

Reaction score
I had a couple buckets of pale ale I went to keg up recently and they were a little too fruity. I used 1272 and my ferm temp went a bit high on me. I decided to dry hop one with 2 oz of CTZ for 10 days. Ended up with a killer IPA that tasted great. You couldn't taste the fruitiness at all. The other one mellowed in the fridge to some extent, but was still too fruity for my tastes.

how long has it been? will the "fruity" not go away after time?. It seems myne always do, and some times i would like i to stay, but then a few weeks down the line ....gone?

how long has it been? will the "fruity" not go away after time?. It seems myne always do, and some times i would like i to stay, but then a few weeks down the line ....gone?

Three weeks in primary, three weeks in the keg at cellar temp and two weeks in the fridge. I don't think more time would have helped much. It's not like the beer wasn't drinkable, just not up to my usual standards. I was very happy with the IPA though.

Latest posts

Back