Wireless Thermometer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeMetroka

Reaction score
http://www.igrillinc.com/

I don't know if any software developer are working on this but think of the possibilities...
Monitor the temperature of a fermentation or a mash wirelessly to a devise.
Next generation brewing software should take us further through the brewing process.

I'm just saying.

Mike Metroka

Haven't used this, but found this product on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0081UR76G/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

I've been looking for such a device for years and can't understand why it hasn't yet been manufactured. The problem with the Amazon device and other similar devices is that it only goes to 140 F, not enough to monitor a mash, although it could be used to monitor fermentation. I would prefer one that could do both. Also, it has a "dry" probe, so can't be used in liquids.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been looking for such a device for years and can't understand why it hasn't yet been manufactured. The problem with the Amazon device and other similar devices is that it only goes to 140 F, not enough to monitor a mash, although it could be used to monitor fermentation. I would prefer one that could do both. Also, it has a "dry" probe, so can't be used in liquids.

You could build a BrewPi setup like in my signature for basically the same price, or cheaper if you use a spare Laptop/PC as the BrewPi Web server...if you have a PC to use you can make one for the same cost as a STC1000, about 30-35 in parts.

Although i dont think it would be useful for monitoring mash temp.

You could build a BrewPi setup like in my signature for basically the same price, or cheaper if you use a spare Laptop/PC as the BrewPi Web server...if you have a PC to use you can make one for the same cost as a STC1000, about 30-35 in parts.

Although i dont think it would be useful for monitoring mash temp.

Thank you! Very fascinating setup!

Lacrosse thermo above can be ordered with wet probe, this would give you an ambient (of the room or ferm chamber ) temperature and the probe temp....2 different readings that isnt explained very well on Amazon.com or lacrosse, free app/mobile access provides current reading and plotting of temps and also includes humidity, probe is small with very thin 6' cord, would be very simple and cheap method to monitor progress of fermentation

Lacrosse thermo above can be ordered with wet probe, this would give you an ambient (of the room or ferm chamber ) temperature and the probe temp....2 different readings that isnt explained very well on Amazon.com or lacrosse, free app/mobile access provides current reading and plotting of temps and also includes humidity, probe is small with very thin 6' cord, would be very simple and cheap method to monitor progress of fermentation

The issue was the temperature range - the Lacrosse only goes to 140 F - not good for mashing.

Back