San Diego, CA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikeosoft

Reaction score
My wife and I are planning a trip to San Diego, CA to see some friends in February. Are there any breweries in the area that I should check out?

Take the ferry over to Coronado and visit the Coronado Brewing Company. Very good brewpub and great ride on the ferry with a view of the San Diego skyline.

Stone is like 40 minutes north maybe less depending on what part of town you're in. Lots of great places to go.

If you are looking for a place to go for a beer for you and a glass of wine for the wife a place called Wine Steals is close to downtown. Great selection there. I love SD.
If you likes cigars and beer look up Hoffer's. Great stuff on tap there like 20 minutes from downtown.

Alpine, Alesmith, Hess, Stone, Mother Earth, Iron First, Ballast Point, Green Flash, Stone, Port/Lost Abbey and Mission.

Also, from what I have been reading Temecula isn't worth visiting. Are there any good wineries in Southern California that I should check out?

I went to a few wineries out there but can't remember their names I'll look on my computer when I get home for the names though.

Back