The All-in-One Carboy Cover (carboy.net)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@beavers Ok devil's advocate, don't forget your other option is to drop a full carboy with nothing on it. Would you rather do that? The cover is most likely going to prevent the drop in the first place. Give us some time and we will have a full carboy drop test video . We have a youtube channel, look us up and subscribe. We have some great videos up now and have plans for some more amazing videos real soon. Trying to have some fun with this!

As far as product reviewers, maybe I should have been more clear, we look for people with youtube channels, blogs, home brew club members and people that are very active in the brewing forums and community. We already know that it is a great product so we are just trying to maximize our exposure and trying to find people to help us get the word out. At the end of the day we are just 2 homebrewers selling this product out of my garage and I assure you that nobody over here is getting rich selling carboy covers!

@beavers Ok devil's advocate, don't forget your other option is to drop a full carboy with nothing on it. Would you rather do that?

I hope I haven't caused any undue defensiveness, that certainly wasn't my intention. Just to be clear, I was playing this kind of devil's advocate. Don't YOU forget you're talking to a potential customer and source of word-of-mouth, with lots of others watching. ;)

Give us some time and we will have a full carboy drop test video. We have a youtube channel, look us up and subscribe.

Looking forward to it. The "full drop from low height" really does seem to be the most dangerous situation, in my estimation, and anything that helps mitigate the risk gets two big thumbs up from me. For what it's worth.

If anyone is on the fence about buying one, definitely go ahead and order one. My brother ordered one and we used it this weekend. He has a 6.5 gallon glass carboy and the carboy cover fit like a glove. The handles are super strong and the bottom of the cover has some nice no slip textured material. I have been using another product that's out there to carry my carboys for a while but have done so with fear that the plastic clip may pop loose or a strap may slip. No worries with this product. Just thought I would put my two cents out there in case anyone was interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Moved this to the company review forum. Please feel free to add reviews here.

Could you change the title so that our actual product/business name is used? We don't refer to our product as a "carboy hauler". Looking at the other listings on that page it would seem fair to list the actual business name and product name like everybody else has. I would like it to say:

Thanks!

The light test video has been shot and you will be amazed with the results. Just purchased another glass carboy for the full drop test. Stay tuned!

Could you change the title so that our actual product/business name is used? We don't refer to our product as a "carboy hauler". Looking at the other listings on that page it would seem fair to list the actual business name and product name like everybody else has. I would like it to say:

Thanks!

The light test video has been shot and you will be amazed with the results. Just purchased another glass carboy for the full drop test. Stay tuned!

Absolutely, and done.

FYI, companies are allowed to respond briefly to reviews in the company reviews forum, but aren't allowed to generally promote their products here or across the forum.

Sponsors of the forum have an area on HBT, the Sponsor Showcase forum, where they may do so. To become a sponsor, please contact TxBrew. For more info, go to https://www.homebrewtalk.com/advertisers/

I want to see how these hold up to a full carboy being dropped from, maybe 5 feet? I want to move to glass because plastic is a bit scary. If these work for a full drop, I think it would save a lot of worry and/or stitches.

A gentle reminder that the company review forum is for reviews. If someone is a customer of this company and has a review of their product, please add it. That's what makes this forum so useful.

Thanks!

Well this wasn't a company review when it started. And I'm not sure why you decided to use the conversation from a group of people that have never seen our used the product who are talking about how weak and unnecessary the product is as a review but I guess it is better than nothing! I'm not on here "promoting" the product as much as I am trying to clear up the confusion and misinformation. They said the handles looked weak so I made them a video showing how strong they were, they said they have a t-shirt to block light so I made a video to show how much light they block, they said they wanted a drop test with a full carboy so I said I would make one. Am I not allowed to interact like that?

Well this wasn't a company review when it started. And I'm not sure why you decided to use the conversation from a group of people that have never seen our used the product who are talking about how weak and unnecessary the product is as a review but I guess it is better than nothing!

The thread was in violation of the forum's rules against promotion of a commercial business by anyone other than forum sponsors. I moved it here because my other option was to delete it. I thought I was doing you a favor, but if you'd prefer that I delete it, I can do that.

Also, the OP is a customer of yours, so this fits in the company review forum, in my opinion.

Generally, posts by non-customers in the review threads are not allowed, but rather than wholesale deleting much of those posts and your responses to them, I thought it was helpful to the members here to leave them and move the thread here. From here on in this thread, though, as I said in the posts above, only reviews from actual customers will be allowed, plus reasonable and limited responses from you, if necessary.

I'm not on here "promoting" the product as much as I am trying to clear up the confusion and misinformation. They said the handles looked weak so I made them a video showing how strong they were, they said they have a t-shirt to block light so I made a video to show how much light they block, they said they wanted a drop test with a full carboy so I said I would make one. Am I not allowed to interact like that?

No, not in the general or technical forums, talking with potential customers about your product is promoting it. Forum sponsors may do that in the Sponsor Showcase forum, but no where else in the forum. Any business, sponsor or non-sponsor, though, may respond in a direct and limited way to reviews in this company review forum, which is why I moved the thread here, so that your posts could stay up.

To be clear, no one can use HBT as a base to build their commercial business, unless you decide to advertise on it by becoming a Sponsor. For what its worth, I have no financial interest in the forum, I'm just a lowly moderator who tries to keep things generally within the rules and orderly.

A few days ago, I sent you a private message about this, did you see it? If you'd like to learn more about being a sponsor, follow the link in my post above or contact TxBrew, the forum's administrator.

If you don't agree with my moderating decisions, I have no problem with you discussing it with TxBrew, also. I'm just trying to do what I think is best, within the rules of the forum, for the benefit of the members. Tx is fair and does occasionally overrule the moderators.

The thread was in violation of the forum's rules against promotion of a commercial business by anyone other than forum sponsors. I moved it here because my other option was to delete it. I thought I was doing you a favor, but if you'd prefer that I delete it, I can do that.

As Original poster I give Pappers my permission to delete.

There are over 50 posts in this thread, it wouldn't be fair to the other HBT members who posted on it to delete it, and it has lots of good info on the product that would be of interest and use to HBT members. We'll leave the thread and any further reviews on the product can be posted here.

Great product. I used mine on my last batch.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

So after several uses the only con I really can come up with is the no-slip bottom. I have a closet that I like to put the carboys into and I cant slide the carboy to the back. I've resorted to placing the full carboy on a piece of cardboard which I can then slide around as needed.

I recently bought four of these. Two for 6 gallon textured glass and two for 5 gallon textured glass. The 6 gallon covers fit pretty snug. The 5 gallon covers have a tad more slack in them. Both versions handle the carboys well, both empty and full.

Definitely happy with my purchase so far. If something happens to go wrong, I'll come back and update

I just received my Carboy Covers in the mail today. I have to say I am pleasantly surprised by how well they fit and how well they work. I actually thought the nylon would be a little heavier than it is, but they work great.

I have 8 glass carboys from 3 gallon to 6.5 gallons. After accidentally seeing the posts here on HBT about breaking carboys and the ensuing injuries, I was almost ready to sell my glass. Some of the cuts are worse than I could imagine.

After breaking my favorite 6.5 gallon carboy (no injuries) I decided I would try to limit future glass handling and not clean the darn things after having too many HBs (contributing factor). Then I remembered seeing a video of some guy cleaning his carboy in his driveway and it had some cover on it.

After researching the Carboy COver, I figured I'd try one or two. So I bought them for my two largest carboys, both 6.5 gallons (One Big MOuth Bubbler).

I primarily bought them for safety, but they seem to have other benefits.

I'd love to hear other's opinions before I buy six more.

Carboy Cover.jpg

I just started using these and they are great. I feel much safer moving my big mouth bubblers around with on of these on it.

I just ordered two more to cover the rest of my fermenters.

Back