What a great site!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sbert420

Reaction score
Just found this site last night. What an awesome resource! I have 1 batch under my belt, a Holiday Ale. Turned out pretty good. I was born and raised in New Ulm, Mn. We have our own 150yr old brewery here (August Schells Brewing Co) and a rich German culture so you can imagine how popular beer is around here. :mug:

Welcome to the site! The forum is a great resource. Using the search function will become your friend pretty quickly! :)
Hope to see you around! :mug:

Watch out, this site will draw you in, and you wont spend time with your friends and family, lol. There's a forum for every mood.

Welcome Sbert420..
I grew up in Sherburn. Have several relatives in New Ulm.
Wecome again....

Just curious, how did you discover Schells beer? Have you ever tried any other of their offerings?

Evidently they released a mixed sampler sometime before the holidays...One of the bottle shops in town does mixed sixers, and there was the fierbrick and the pale ale in the mixer fridge...I tried both..honestly wasn't too impressed with the pale...it was good, but no different than any other pale out ther...But the Firebrick vienna was awesome...so awesome that I went back and cleaned out the fridge of it.

Plus I'm a bit of a beer historian, and I recognized the name since it's one of the oldest in the country.

I'd love to try more of their offerings...their website is cool.

Evidently they released a mixed sampler sometime before the holidays...One of the bottle shops in town does mixed sixers, and there was the fierbrick and the pale ale in the mixer fridge...I tried both..honestly wasn't too impressed with the pale...it was good, but no different than any other pale out ther...But the Firebrick vienna was awesome...so awesome that I went back and cleaned out the fridge of it.

Plus I'm a bit of a beer historian, and I recognized the name since it's one of the oldest in the country.

I'd love to try more of their offerings...their website is cool.
I'm with you on the Pale, not one of my favorites. The Bock is good this year and the Schmaltz Alt is even better. Hope you get a chance to try them.

Hi, i live in St Paul and i enjoy some Schells! mmmm I have to say though Summit is my fave. (not just cause i live in st paul)

Latest posts

Back