Brett eating Brett

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iowabrew

Reaction score
I've got a all-Brett L beer in primary now, been there 3 weeks, took a sample the other day and its down to 1.010, which is technically done for an ALL BRETT beer as it acts like normal sacc yeast. My issue is it had the slightest touch of phenols/esters that i just do not like, but could live with as it will most likely change with age.

I recently cultured some dregs from a bottle of Ommegang Bier de Mars, which is bottled with Brett B. Wondering if i pitched this into the 1.010 beer if it would act like normal brett secondary and continue to eat away down towards 1.006 or so. What kind of time frame am i looking at before i can bottle? 3 months, 6mo, 9mo, etc?? Thanks

i'll let it ride as is for another week or two, taste test again and go from there. I'll update in 2 weeks. Any other suggestions are welcome tho. Thanks

it will continue to develop in flavor. i made a hoppy citra ale fermented with brett b and a second identical batch fermented with US-05 and the way the brett beer continues to develop is amazing.

Back