How I spent my first free Saturday in 3 months.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TeufelBrew

Reaction score
Finally had an entire Saturday free for the first time in three months. Sixth graders football is finally over and I wasn't walking the sidelines with chains or a down marker, what was I going to do?

Brewguyver!!!!:ban:

March pump had arrived a while back, along with plumbing parts. Stopped in at the Despot for electrical and this is what I did.
BrewGuyver_11-7-09_001.jpg

BrewGuyver_11-7-09_003.jpg

Have a portable GFCI I use at the socket, then the socket/switch combo was a closeout, on sale for less than the switch, so I have a GFCI socket along with the switch to control the pump. That's my take on the Pliny the Mild Child in the Lost Coast glass. Love me some IPA!

Had the CrankandStein from CL for a while. Finally had the time yesterday, so I made my milling setup.
BrewGuyver_11-7-09_005.jpg

Needs braces to keep torque from spinning the drill and undermounted blocks to keep the whole rig centered on the bucket, but I can do those today. The conduit clamps work well to hold the drill speed, so I don't have to keep my finger on the trigger all the time. I did the design/build with the mill. Designed as I went and it worked well on a few cups of rice.

All in all, a great day to BrewGuyver.:D

Looks good. If the rain stops, I get to spend the rest of the day cleaning up broken glass. Had a storm window take a fly in the wind yesterday morning. Glass all over the patio.

Here you go. Kinda simple.

BrewGuyver_11-7-09_002.jpg

Took the pump head and housing off the motor, made a template on paper and used a hole saw to cut large opening. Template made drilling the mounting holes easy. They went in place just fine. Used some scrap 1/4" plywood under the pump so the side fo the box wasn't carrying the full weight of the pump. The extension cord comes in from the back and I used a remodel box to house the socket/switch combo. The yellow thing is the GFCI I plug into whatever socket I'm going to use that day. Makes me portable too, so I can take my scaffold/brewstand wherever I choose.

Back