4th of july help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

isac777

Reaction score
Hey ya'll I just brewed a hef last saturday and the temp around here has been about average of 78. the fermentation has seemed to stop. So I'm gonna transfer and carboy for two days then keg and force carb. It's my dad b day on the 4th and I want to bring it to him. but that's only 6 total days!! What do ya think? Six days grain to glass? Off-flavors.... I'm not gonna worry about the cloudiness.

ya...that's going to be one green beer that's likely to make YOU turn green.

I think I'd get him a few 6 packs of micro brews and tell him to bring you the bottles and you'll fill them with your wheat beer in about 3 weeks.

Depending on what yeast you used....the 78 degree ferment may have left you a nasty flavored bubblegum beer.....I would sure leave this for a while if for no other reason than to let that mellow a bit.

Sorry to be such a negative nessy!

A hef is supposed to be cloudy...but six days?!?

I fear all you'll do is make your dad dislike homebrew. :(

I agree....This is one of those thorny issues that comes up quite regularly.

The beer will be green...Can't change that. Which means that the people trying it will think that 1) you suck as a brewer or 2) Homebrew sux and therefore, like the Bud commercials say, that the only good beer is yellow, fizzy and clear, and therefore they must stay with their precious BMC.

You can read some other discussions on this regular topic here...and see what the consensus is.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=68320

Help, I want show off my homebrew at the company picnic tomorrow but I just pitched the yeast an hour ago. Any hope? LOL, J/K... no, not even a Hefe in 6 days unless you pitched a 10 gallon starter and crash cooled it 3 days later. But even then , no.

Guess I'll just let the hef sit. I used Wyeast weinstephen in 5 gallons and Safale wheat yeast. I do have a kolsch on tap that been sitting for three weeks and man it was clear and tasty, so letting it sit sounds good. Bobby-me and you brew off! ha ha lol

Ah, I dunno. Hefe doesn't even really have a green phase. I've gone from kettle to glass in like 10 days before and it was great. 6...maybe pushing it...but hey, why not try and let us know how it goes?

Ahhh, the first glass of Paulener Hefeweizen goes down fast at the Alamo Draft house, but the second, third, & fourth... go down slower. :D

Thank goodness for a daughter designated driver.!!!
That's what my wife is for...one of my daughters would be as drunk as I was...I have pictures at the O'fest and we're both snockered...still glugging is a beer sin...:eek:

Back