web page/software

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saxmk6

Reaction score
OK, so I am getting into the all grain brewing process, and I am trying to learn about the formulas for water, yeast, gravity, efficiency etc... This is overwhelming, as I am not at all a math expert....

Is there a webpage, or software program that can help make this process a little less confusing, or help organize my thoughts before I actually try my first all grain?

Thanks!:mug:

Find a tested recipe and brew it. Read, or reread the important chapters in How to Brew or Papazian's book. And just brew. Don't worry about the calculations for amounts, efficiencies or what ever. Just do the strike water temp, water to grain ratio and brew it up.

If you want a tested recipe try Beer Dujour or the Beer Contest Recipe Database.

i use the free version of promash for things like water temperature and volume calculations.

i use the free online beertools.com for recipe generation, and their recipe database.

Also read www.howtobrew.com if you haven't already.

If you're a Mac user, you may want to try Beer Alchemy. Once you decide to brew a certain recipe, you can print out step-by-step instructions.

Back