Sink water Splitter?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dondlelinger

Reaction score
Hey everyone I am looking for a sink splitter with 3 or 4 connections, made sturdy (not plastic) that has shut off valves at every connection. I need this for

1) Dishwasher
2) Water Filter
3) Bottlewasher
4) might make a quick release hose that I can fill fermentor with..

Do any of ou know where to get something like this? If so please show me the link. Been searching and seems all i find is outdoor splitters..

Sort Of but I am looking more for something like this but would preffer metal and for it to have actual indoor threads not the outdoor water hose threads..I rent so I dont want to solder anything.

spin_prod_197153601

Why not just solder one together out of copper tees? Then you can add your own ball valves, etc.

I'm just shocked you cant buy one of these.. you can split everything but If you want to have a dishwasher and a water purifier hooked up in a rental u either have to build your own or use like 20 different parts to convert an outside splitter to an indoor splitter..kinda silly, im amazed nobody sells these.

100_1204.jpg

Kinda like this but split 4 ways and preffer straight up and down, rather than angled..and none of the converter parts (this is outdoor hookup)Looking for indoor hookup

Sort Of but I am looking more for something like this but would preffer metal and for it to have actual indoor threads not the outdoor water hose threads..I rent so I dont want to solder anything.

spin_prod_197153601

you could always get one of these as they make adaptors for anything

100_1204.jpg

Kinda like this but split 4 ways and preffer straight up and down, rather than angled

That's a splitter for hooking up to the hose bib outside with an adapter on it to attach it to a sink. You can just pick up a 4-way meant for outside and use the adapter to attach it to your sink the same way.

That's a splitter for hooking up to the hose bib outside with an adapter on it to attach it to a sink. You can just pick up a 4-way meant for outside and use the adapter to attach it to your sink the same way.

I know I'm wondering if they have these already made for indoor use as you can tell it will be huge and a bit getto looking(because of adapter fitting and outdoor look) and the GF will not go for that ..and honestley I'm not to interested in it being that huge either. basically want that green one(i posted first) with reg sink threads if anyone know where to find it or something like it... I appreciate the help though guys

I think the best you'll be able to do is something like this with an adapter:

I think I agree with you but I wish there was a better (more professional, less getto version) available :(

Well Im happy to say I found a bit better than above anyways. Its the achela design, 4 tap.

DST_04B.jpg

Pure brass (no plastic at all)

Ok I am now stumped what type of thread is on abasic faucet. I think mine is (OD is 7/8) is that fine thread? If so I am looking for the female GHT(garden hose thread) to 7/8 fine thread if thats correct?

Ok I am now stumped what type of thread is on abasic faucet. I think mine is (OD is 7/8) is that fine thread? If so I am looking for the female GHT(garden hose thread) to 7/8 fine thread if thats correct?

Look for a faucet adapter from either Northern Brewer or Midwest. They have a male 3/4 hose thread on one end and the other end is threaded both ID threads and OD threads for different sink faucets. Unfortunately, there are more faucet threads than those two, but they are the most common.

http://www.northernbrewer.com/default/faucet-adapter.html

I was at Lowe's today looking for IC parts and came across what you are looking for. It was in the garden hose section and it split one incoming line into four. They had one for $16 bucks that was brass and you can turn whichever lines you want on, and they also had one that was another metal but cheaper.

EDIT: Just noticed that you found the brass one I was referring to.

Be careful of the added weight that you're putting on your faucet, you could develop leaks.:fro:

I found what I needed @ Home hardware. I didnt quiet get the valve I wanted but I needed a solution for now...so I am happy. It took a bit of messing around but I got it working without any leaks. It looks a bit getto but I will replace the valve later for now this works.

any water outlet below the flood rim of the sink is a potential cross connection.
Wisconsin requires a one inch air gap.....fyi

any water outlet below the flood rim of the sink is a potential cross connection.
Wisconsin requires a one inch air gap.....fyi

they are all above just looks like its under.. well, the connection for dishwasher falls below but only when connected :)

it's only a dual but much neater looking and pretty sure its same as faucet thread with no need to adapt.
You could always buy a few "shower arms" cut and solder to a few T's add any nesassary valves.

Unfortunatley shower threads = pipe thread which is not what sink connections are, but your right they do look alot nicer. But you have to remember you would have to add a valve and then fittings for the sink so in the end it wouldn't look much better. I will find a better connection for sure later but for now this works.

Back