Sulfer smell after bottling

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brmdavis

Reaction score
one of my batches smells like sulfer in the glass; I dont remember this smell during bottling. Will this mellow/go away? It was never in direct light during the whole process and the other half of the batch is ok (although lacks carbination!!) I can't get it right with this one. It tastes good but smells gross and worse, my wife smelled my beltch and thought the dog farted!!! :ban:

RichBrewer said:
That would be my guess as well. What type of beer is it?

it's a wheat, this whole batch has been trouble from the begining. I tried to get a little clever and my cockiness got the best of me. I split a wheat batch in half, botteling half (but not measuring inavertantly used less than half teh priming sugar resulting in lackluster carbination) the other half i put in 32oz of cherry juice reduced to est. 4 oz and let it sit for 4 additional days before bottleing (although i immediately bottled a few of these...again i wasnt thinking this entire process through properly). I think it was the addition of this very unmanly ingredient that is causing the problems. I blame my wife. If this isn't going to mellow out, do I have the Beer Board's permission to dump? I've got 6 gal of cider thats been in the secondary for a little over a month and need to free up some bottles. Nothing like replacing nasty beer with what will problably be nasty cider!!

Latest posts

Back