Cheapest place to buy a gas system

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BaylessBrewer

Reaction score
So I picked up a keg yesterday for almost free and now I need a co2 dispensing system. Will be using picnic taps for now.
Where is a good place to shop for a complete system? Tank, regulator, lines and taps

Craigslist. That's where I got my first 2 co2 tanks and regulators. You could probably set up an account with a local gas supplier to get your first tank full too.

fwiw, before you buy a CO2 cylinder, you should ascertain what your local refill options are.

Many gas suppliers have gone to tank swaps (only) so if that's all that's available you'll be waving a tearful goodbye to your shiny new tank in exchange for a gnarly one...

[edit] I bought a nitro tank from Doug ("ezryder" - an HBT vendor) and was quite pleased with the deal.
You can find particulars here, and contact him to see what CO2 cylinders are currently available...

Cheers!

So I picked up a keg yesterday for almost free and now I need a co2 dispensing system. Will be using picnic taps for now.
Where is a good place to shop for a complete system? Tank, regulator, lines and taps

I've bought almost all of my gear from Birdman Brewing. This is one that you could look at. http://www.birdmanbrewing.com/keg-kit-standard-homebrew/

I've also picked up some odds and ends with Midwest. Happy with both of them.

Thanks for some great links.
The money ball is rolling faster and faster. Got a gift from my business agent today. 4 ball lock kegs for free!! Hell yeah!! I'm in there like swimwear.
Now I just have to brew some more beer and I'll be set!

I got a dual body regulator from adventures in homebrewing on sale. If you ever plan on having at least 2 kegs on tap, get a dual body regulator now rather than upgrading several times.

Ritebrew for everything shank-related, Kegerators.com for the CO2 regulator (best price on secondary regulators....got my primary from Keg Connection for the Made in America sale, but go with the dual regulator from Kegerators since it's only 100 USD and will allow you to add a second keg and carb that keg at a different PSI), Kegconnection for the beer line and AEB kegs. That's what I did with a couple exceptions (I had a deal at Homebrewstuff from the NHC).

Edit: since I got my faucets at NHC (go with the Perlicks), I forgot to mention that More Beer has a good deal.

The CO2 tank...don't know as I plan to buy locally @10 lbs.

Also look at Beverage Elements for the CO2 tanks. The shipping is a bit of a bummer, but it should even out compared with what you normally can get....I have Beverage Factory only a few miles from where I work, but don't buy from them even if it looks like great prices.....they have shoddy products. The only items I would trust from them would be the CO2 tanks.

Will a single body regulator with a Wye splitter work for two kegs?
That is a very common configuration. The only downside is both kegs will receive the same pressure, not a huge deal, but a little inconvenient if you're a stickler on proper carb levels for different styles or are force carbing a new keg. You can always upgrade later, though if it bugs you.

Back