no o-ring lube! problem?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motobrewer

I'm no atheist scientist, but...
Reaction score
due to certain events, I have no o-ring lube. I have no idea when the next time I'll be able to get to the HBS, and I need to get these in the keg today, no delays. will i be fine with no lube?

Never used it and never had any problems. I just make sure all rubber seals especially the lid seal. Never had a leak or any problems.

Yeah I never used it either and have not had a problem. Just make sure the O ring is not damaged or cracked. Soap check the lid when you pressurize and adjust for any leaks and you will be fine.

When you seal your keg and hit it with 30psi to do so any real leak can usually be heard anyway.

Thanks for the reminder, gents. I filled a keg today for storage and the @$#$ thing was leaking...because I forget to lube it up. Such things happen a couple days after some minor surgery and you're on painkillers... :)

Latest posts

Back