made a great deal today!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

revrand65

Reaction score
Well i made a great deal today...i found a wine store that i drive by on the way to work and decided to stop in and see if they had any brewing supplies...turned out that they had a back room with a little bit of everything...i saw 8 brewers best kits.sitting on a shelf...so i read the date code and noticed they were made in april of 2004...so i asked the guy about them and he said he was trying to unload all the brewing stuff just to get it out of the store..so i asked him if i bought every beer kit he had what he wanted ...he sold me every one for cost which worked out to about $12 a kit...these kits were marked at $23 each..what the hell i bought all 8..3 steam beers,2 stouts,2 american micro brewery pale ales,and 1 india pale ale...for a total of $96..no taxes because it's considered food at this stage...i may have to buy fresh yeast but it's still a grea:ban: :ban: t deal...lucky me...

Cool Deal. :rockin:

But what about the hops with the kits? Even if they're pellets vacuum sealed, do you replace 'em or go for it?

Ize

I figure i'll go for it..if the yeast is no good i can allways re pitch..and yes they are vacume sealed hop pellets...i'm gonna try everything as is in 1 batch and see how it works out...

Good find!!! You might try the lighter pale ales to see how dark they get. I made a brewers best continental pilsner (4+ yrs old) that was as dark as a Sam Adams Boston Lager. I had a post about this... The guys said its common for old malt to turn out dark.

I though the hops smelled fine. The beer tastes good but its really dark. It has more body and bitterness than what expected. The malt was a John Bull light in a 3.3lb can and 2 lbs of light DME. I used the 12 oz carapils too.

Good Luck. - You might have some pot-luck ales!!!! :D

Latest posts

Back