The cousin

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

realwolf

Reaction score
Me and a freind of mine were thinking about brewing a beer with pot and were wondering if there were any good recipes out ther[ we call pot the cousin to hops].

just a minor detail. no importance......

Mod Edit:
The level of importance is not for you to decide.
Using HBT to discuss breaking the law is not of no importance.
Use common sense.

OMG that idea totally roolz! LOL LMAO PWNED IB4TL Woot!

(I can't think of any more kiddie chat phrases off the top of my head)

It is the cousin of hops, but as it has been said, it's not going to get you high from drinking it, unless you have a ridiculous amount of some extreamly kind buds. People have been known to dry hop with it, but that was more for aroma and flavor. Personal opinion: if you want to use it, find a large amount of cash, buy some shwag, and dry-pot the hell out of a pale ale or something light. You won't get high, but it'll taste like pot. Personally, I like a nice IPA or something bold and hoppy after a nice big bong or blunt. Keep pot and beer in their respective places, they work well in conjunction, but not one in the other.

mike

This has been discussed.

It'll work if you want beer with a weed taste to it. but you won't extract any THC or cannaboid chemicals.

Stick to making brownies, yo.

I know someone who used to save their stems until they had enough to fill a ziplock and then would boil them in a half gallon of water to make tea. According to him, the result was fairly potent.

I would not waste choice buds doing this, but theoretically if you had a BUNCH of stems you could drop them in at the beginning of your boil and you could get a similar effect.

mr x said:
I think there is commercial hemp beer out there.

Yeah, Nectar Ales makes one of them. It's good, but doesn't taste like anything but ale(thankfully). Besides that, hemp has no useful amount of THC in it.

If you like the tase of beer and soggy leaves, more power to you. However, it would be more effective(and legal) to just collect the spent hops, put them in a glass, and top off with homebrew.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back