brass fixtures ok for keggle?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cobolstinks

Reaction score
Just ordered keggle #1, with 2 1/2" NPT couplers preinstalled. Now for the fixtures. Is a brass ball valve good enough, or should you use SS for this?

10 gallon AG batches here i come!

From the discussions I recall on this in the past, the advantage of stainless steel is that it collects less gunk due to being less reactive to things like acid etc. and therefore it is more resistant to build up and problems, requiring less breakdowns and full cleaning unlike brass/copper stuff. I use a mix of both types and so far haven't had problems but I think I'm due for either a good cleaning through the system or disassembly and cleaning... either way its all about the 'ease of clean up' as far as I recall.

Brass is fine, stainless is preferred by many, but to expensive for most.

well for $12 you can get SS Ball Valves where as brass valves are what $6-8 depending on where you buy them?

look in the vendors section of the forum there is a vendor offering a great deal on SS ball valves.

-=Jason=-

Latest posts

Back