Propane Burner

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silver02ws6

Reaction score
What kind of propane burner do you all grain brewers recomend for a first timmer. I want somthing thats effective enough that when ready i can eventually move on from 5 gallon batches and it will still handle the job.

Austin

Right here:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0009JXYQY/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

B0009JXYQY.01._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

210,000 BTUs. Very quiet. $65 from either Amazon or homedepot.com, both of whom offer free shipping (last I checked). Awesome burner, a couple of us have been pimping this thing like crazy. Do a search and you'll see.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can't go wrong with that one, I justed mounted 2 of these on my set up.

1332-P1010013.JPG

In this picture it's only half open...

silver02ws6 said:
What kind of propane burner do you all grain brewers recomend for a first timmer. I want somthing thats effective enough that when ready i can eventually move on from 5 gallon batches and it will still handle the job.

Austin

I bought the cheapest 51k BTU turkey fryer kit at Thankksgiving time for about about $40. I have no trouble using it for my AG batches, where I start with about 7 gallons of wort.

It works fine and (in my opinion) I'm not standing around for a long time waiting on it.

-walker

Lil' Sparky said:
Brewiz - did you buy just the burner, without the stand, shroud, regulator, etc?

Yes, I got them off Amazon ($25.00 ea) and the got the regulators and oter parts from my LHBS. I was trying to save some money but ended up spending about the same. Man do they put out some heat, when we first fired up the one under my HLT it put out so much heat that the exhaust fan in my shed came on. It was about 40 out side and the fan doesn't come on until it gets to 80 in the shed.

The Bird says it all, the KAB4 banjo burner is the best on the market and the quietest to and you'll never need anouther one!!!!

http://www.agri-supply.com/index.htm
Dude try this site i bought two 170k hp burners from them for 7.99$ a piece. same burners i got in another turkey fryer and i do 10 gallon batches. i have never had any problems they do the job and can you complain about the cost?:ban: Heck if your worried if theyll get it just buy 4, two per pot and its still cheaper than any burner from a brew supply shop.

Anyone know about an alpha super burner . I saw one at an outdoor shop for $26. Plain brown box no info on btu's.

Latest posts

Back