Keep it clean - I'll try

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WeHeavy

Reaction score
I have a neighbor that can't seem to keep his dog (Boxer) at home in town.
The Blanking dog Craps in my yard and I've stepped in it, it digs in my garden and I'm about feed up with it.

I've walked over and was very nice as could be and asked him to keep his dog in his yard.

So is it time to take it to the next step and call the cops OR ?????

After buying my first house, I faced a similiar situation. After multiple attempts at solving the issue through neighborly conversation, I took a different tack. I picked up all of the dog$hit for an entire week from his dog, and put it in a grocery sack. After a week, the grocery sack was nearly full and man, it was freaking disgusting. I think I gagged a few times nearly the end of the week when it got full. Then I put it on his front porch with a note, explaining that this was how much $hit his dog was depositing on my property each week. He came over and apologized and kept the dog on a tie-out until I built my fence a month or so later.

Small gauge wire running the length of the fence hooked up to a battery. No no just try loading a squirt gun with some hot sauce and water and paint yourself a border at your lawn. I do this inside with my roommates cat so it wont go in my room. And you can squirt the dog with it if you see it dropping things in your lawn

I'd try one more time.

Ask him why he's not stopped after your polite request.
If you get no joy just keep a shovel handy and flick it back on his yard.

Isn't it an offence to have a dog of a leach and not in control?

I had a neighbor, once upon a time, who had a beautiful great dane, that he refused to control.

Just after I bought that house, I caught the dog using my lawn. I talked to the dog's owner, and he said he would put a stop to it... but it never stopped, he would just turn the dog out, with no leash, out the front door, to let the dog do his business... and the dog seemed to like my lawn. I talked to the neighbor several times. I, then resorted to collecting and depositing the droppings on his porch. Then, I started sitting on my porch with a BB gun. The BB gun deterred the dog, when I was on the porch, but not when I was not there. Finally, after more than a year of this, I told the neighbor that, if he didn't put a stop to it, I would, in other words, "if I catch your dog dumping on my grass again, I will kill him." He assured me that he would fix the problem... I told him that he had better, because I was not bluffing.

The next day, the dog was on my lawn, taking a dump, my neighbor was across the street watching, and I stepped out with a .45. I fixed the problem, the dog died, the neighbor yelled, and I said "I warned you."

+1. That's f***ed up.

A year's worth of warning, begging and pleading didn't work... I was at the end of my rope.

Had the city caught the dog out and and about without a leash, they would have "euthanized" the dog in a much more painful way than I did.

I am 100% comfortable with the action I took.

A year's worth of warning, begging and pleading didn't work... I was at the end of my rope.

Had the city caught the dog out and and about without a leash, they would have "euthanized" the dog in a much more painful way than I did.

I can't even put into words how wrong what you did is. If you are honestly OK with what you did, then maybe you need some sort of psychiatric evaluation.

To the OP, it's not the dog's fault, so don't take it out on him. Your beef is with the owner.

I had the same problem when my neighbors moved in about a year and a half ago. I did the same as a couple of other posters above. I collected it all and deposited it on his driveway in multiple piles so it was a pita for him to clean up. After a summer of doing that he finally started walking through my yard with his pooper scooper.

I don't have to worry about it this summer because the dog was pretty old and he passed away over the winter.

As for shooting someone else's dog - that's messed up, man.

We get along pretty well with our neighbors. But, they have a juvenile Black Lab. That dog tackled my 3 year old into the stream, and it also knocked over my 5 year old. It was just playing but that doesn't negate the fact that my children are becoming terrified of dogs. They keep saying they are going to fix the problem. And it seems the dog keeps coming over more often. When my ducks wandered one time into their yard, the business inspector called them on it, and they mentioned it to me. I spent the time and money to pen them up (not exactly what I wanted to do, because we have lots of pasture for them...which now I have to fence if I want them out) and fixed the problem. I am really hoping they fix this soon before that dog hurts one of my kids. If that happens I am not sure what I would do.

As for shooting someone else's dog - that's messed up, man.

Talk about an understatement. I don't care how many f*cking WARNINGS you gave him. There's absolutely no excuse for what you supposedly did, Thorsson. None. I hope for everyone's sake that you're making that up. If not, well, I hope it keeps you up every night, thinking of that poor dog dying on your lawn because its owner didn't curb it. If you truly feel comfortable with what you did, then you, sir, are one sick f*ck. There are a million other options short of murdering the dog for taking a dump in your yard. A million other options. Hm, maybe you call the cops. Maybe you kick your neighbor's ass. I dunno. Anything. Anything is better than what you (supposedly) did. Believe me, if you had done that to my dog because it crapped in your yard, then I would be in prison---because I would have murdered you where you stood. And I would be 100% comfortable with it. :mad: Scum.

ThorsSon, that is quite possibly the most awful story I've ever read. Don't bother looking me up if you're ever in town.

I was going to close this thread, but WeHeavy hasn't gotten much of an answer to his post. Let's move on to that subject.

There are a million other options short of murdering the dog for taking a dump in your yard. .

It's called a fence.

If he really did that, he'd be arrested and thrown in jail in most communities. I call BS, but just to write makes me wonder about the guy.

+1 on sacking up the stuff and leaving it on your neighbors porch.

the squirt gun idea is good, but hot sauce is a bit painful..... I have used vinegar for years as a deterrent. It is just uncomfortable enough so that when they see the squirt bottle come out they know they are doing something wrong without the howling and whining that comes with getting a face full of tabasco....

there are also some animal deterrents out there that are made using oil from black pepper. It works fairly well if you want to try just sprinkling a little of that around the perimeter of your yard.

I once had someone threaten to kill my 12 year old cairn terrier. It pissed on the pavement by his front door.
He soon realised how big a mistake he'd made. It's a good job he stayed down or I'd of probably been arrested.

Wow, hadn't checked this thread in a couple days, what a turn.

To the OP, I would look into the law then go back to the neighbor and make sure he knows what the law says. Find a nice way to say "I am going to call the cops if you do not stop your dog." If that fails, I guess you have to call the cops. I am sure they will come out and give the guy a verbal warning which may not motivate him either. You could also look into collecting 'evidence' and pursuing the matter in small claims court. If following the law does not motivate the offender, losing some money might.

Wow, hadn't checked this thread in a couple days, what a turn.

To the OP, I would look into the law then go back to the neighbor and make sure he knows what the law says. Find a nice way to say "I am going to call the cops if you do not stop your dog." If that fails, I guess you have to call the cops. I am sure they will come out and give the guy a verbal warning which may not motivate him either. You could also look into collecting 'evidence' and pursuing the matter in small claims court. If following the law does not motivate the offender, losing some money might.

+1. Giving them an ultimatum and placing the onus on them to prevent you from following through is probably the best way to go here. Springing the cops on them without warning might get you plenty of bad blood, which is not what you want with your neighbors in any situation.

I've never seen such responses by members on this forum and I couldn't be more pleased. This shows the good values that members here have and our desire to keep the forum a good clean place.

As for my experience with shooting pets, where I'm from farmers will do this if they find them running cows. A dog can run a cow to death in a matter of hours and farmers will not tolerate this at all. People know this though and if they like there dog they will keep it under control. As for shooting one for $hiting in the yard, I don't think so.

Well I'm not about to shoot the dog in anyway, but last night after a few brews I had an idea.

Can you guess what it was?

OK I'll share it with you all. I decided to use the dog to teach the owner a lesson.

I took several months worth of kitchen grease that we pour into an old coffee can after cooking and poured it on the ground on my property. I watched the dog eat it up this morning just before they left for work. They keep the dog in the house when their gone.

I hope they don't own a mop and carpet cleaner.

I'm still going to have to come up with a permanent solution, because these people don't care about the neighborhood.

As for my experience with shooting pets, where I'm from farmers will do this if they find them running cows. A dog can run a cow to death in a matter of hours and farmers will not tolerate this at all. People know this though and if they like there dog they will keep it under control.

That's a different story all together. Loose dogs chasing livestock, not good. Farmers are well within their rights to protect their animals.

Well I'm not about to shoot the dog in anyway, but last night after a few brews I had an idea.

Can you guess what it was?

OK I'll share it with you all. I decided to use the dog to teach the owner a lesson.

I took several months worth of kitchen grease that we pour into an old coffee can after cooking and poured it on the ground on my property. I watched the dog eat it up this morning just before they left for work. They keep the dog in the house when their gone.

I hope they don't own a mop and carpet cleaner.

I'm still going to have to come up with a permanent solution, because these people don't care about the neighborhood.
I think that's a terrible idea.

Not only have you given an innocent animal diarrhea and god knows what else, but unless you attached a note to the dog's collar, how is this going to teach them a lesson???

Talk to the owners. If that doesn't work, talk to them again.

If that still doesn't work, consult an attorney or the police or something.

I like the idea of bagging the **** and dropping it on their doorstep after a few weeks. Nobody gets hurt and it makes the point clearly. I might even bag it and then dump it all over their lawn...

I like the idea of bagging the **** and dropping it on their doorstep after a few weeks. Nobody gets hurt and it makes the point clearly. I might even bag it and then dump it all over their lawn...

heh, yeah..."I think you may have misplaced this, so I'm returning it to its rightful owner..."

I like the idea of bagging the **** and dropping it on their doorstep after a few weeks. .

+1 Bag it for a week and leave it on their doorstep.

If that does not work, then video tape the pooch sh!tting on your lawn for a week and present that to the cops and have him cited.

Now THERE'S a creative solution! I know how much dogs love grease.... in the middle of winter when our scrappy lil' Terrier needed something to help keep warm, we'd pour a little bit of extra bacon grease (warm, not hot) over his dry food. He L.O.V.E.D. it. **** was messy tho.

And I dunno if this applies to all dogs, but our terrier never seemed to mind the diarrhea. He was just glad we were giving him greasy meat juices. He loved them meat byproducts, mm mm good!

That's a different story all together. Loose dogs chasing livestock, not good. Farmers are well within their rights to protect their animals.
That happened up here a while back and got into the paper. I can't remember all the details but some big-city people brought their dog up into the country and it ended up being shot by a farmer for running his livestock. It made it into the paper and everything and responses in the city were that the farmer should be charged etc. They didn't even understand why it was a law that farmers COULD do that. They don't seem to realize how much a cow costs and what its death means to the farmer.

:off: Too many people are way too disconnected from their food sources these days. I'm one of them now (used to work on a farm when I was a kid) but I at least understand what goes into getting my steak on the table.

Ive always had a dog. Ive had my dogs get out of the fence, and crap and get ino neighbors trash. Well when that happened Im always over there to clean up after my dogs. Thats my responsibility. I expect the same from my neighbors.

I normally dont have a problem with dogs roaming, even if once ****s in my yard. Thats what dogs do. Im cleaning up **** once a week anyways, whats one more pile to scoop? However.....Ive walked out on a chow and a pit on two separate occasions. Both were busy marking their territory in my yard, and they actually had the balls to turn aggressive on me when I walked out. Growling or any signs of aggression calls for the paintball gun. And believe me, a semi auto 16 ball per second blast will send any aggressive dog hauling ass home.

Sorry if that offends any of you, but I have kids and a beautiful chocolate lab who dont need the neighborhood bullies stirring up problems.

Ive always had a dog. Ive had my dogs get out of the fence, and crap and get ino neighbors trash. Well when that happened Im always over there to clean up after my dogs. Thats my responsibility. I expect the same from my neighbors.

I normally dont have a problem with dogs roaming, even if once ****s in my yard. Thats what dogs do. Im cleaning up **** once a week anyways, whats one more pile to scoop? However.....Ive walked out on a chow and a pit on two separate occasions. Both were busy marking their territory in my yard, and they actually had the balls to turn aggressive on me when I walked out. Growling or any signs of aggression calls for the paintball gun. And believe me, a semi auto 16 ball per second blast will send any aggressive dog hauling ass home.

Sorry if that offends any of you, but I have kids and a beautiful chocolate lab who dont need the neighborhood bullies stirring up problems.

Doesn't offend me in the least. If a strange dog gets aggressive on your property with no owner in sight, you do what you have to do.There's a big difference between protecting your own and shooting a dog for fun (which is essentially what our now-banned jackass did).

I'm 100% comfortable with the action the Mods took...

GTFO_Owl.jpg

Back