Hooking up commercial kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Khirsah17

Reaction score
I'm sure this question has been asked before, but I can't seem to find any posts through the search. Im wondering if there is any way to hook up a 5 gallon keg of commercial microbrew to my kegerator. I have a keg of Longhammer IPA, and it would be nice to serve it from my taps for a party tomorrow. What kind of connections do I need?

Out of curiosity, has anyone ever transfered commercial beer to a cornelius keg to serve it? How much CO2 loss was there? Would I be able to get it back up to pressure in 1 day?

I'm under the gun to figure this out, so any and all help would be great!

do you have a sanke tap, if so just run the tubing from the tap to your faucet shank just like a corny keg. i have both sanke and corny kegs in my kegerator. you will not loose any co2 out of the beer when transfering. just co2 to push the beer out of the keg. me and buddy of mine split 15.5 kegs into 3 cornys all the time. works out great. just make sure you purge the air out of the corny keg

I don't have a Sanke tap, but I could probably just buy one. I'm looking online at some, but not sure how it works. Here's one from MoreBeer:

Sanke Tap

Is the barbed connector a gas in or liquid out? Where is the other respective connector? Also, what's the handle for?

The barbed connector is gas in and the threaded one on top is the beer out.

You twist it into place and then lock it down with the handle.

Back