New to the Brewing World

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ttownhop

Reaction score
Hello all brewers and beer lovers. I am new to the brewing world. However, I'm not a home brewer but want to supply our local Brewers with good California grown Hops. Myself and two friends have the potential to grow up 40 acres of hops in the Mountain of central California. We are very interested on catering to the craft brewers and micro-brews out there. So, I am asking you the craft brewers out there, what varieties would you like to see?

I can tell you that whole leaf simcoe and amarillo always seems to run out early in the season. Some of the uncommon hops like Nelson sauvin seem to be gaining in popularity and are not easy to get. Others will have more thoughts, I'm sure.

Thanks for the feed back. I will look into the hops you mentioned. Thanks again. Have a Hoppy day.

I use more Magnum than anything. It's a magnificent clean bittering hop...however, you'd probably do well to stay with the more popular fruity American hops if you're in it for the $.

Thanks for the feed back. Sorry it took so long to get back to you guys. I appreciate the feed back. Yes, we are in it for some money, However, I would like to see some good California grown Hops for the micro/craft brewers in California, instead if the large Hop fields in Washington , Oregon & Idaho that cater to the large scale beer manufacturer's.

Back