American Light Lager Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HossTheGreat

Reaction score
First let me start by saying that I know many of you will question the point of brewing a light american style lager. I know that this is one of the most difficult styles to brew, that I can brew a blonde or cream ale much more easily and probably get better results, and I also know that I can just as easily go and buy a case of Light Beer for $15.

I'm not trying to clone any particular beer. I'm just interested in brewing my own american style light beer. I've had some good success with AHS kits in the past and think they make excellent kits. I ran across their "AHS American Light Lager" extract kit and am curious if anyone else here has tried it and what their thoughts are of the kit. I do have a fridge with a temp controller, so fermentation temps shouldn't be a problem.

I can brew a blonde or cream ale much more easily and probably get better results, and I also know that I can just as easily go and buy a case of Light Beer for $15.

I tried a batch of Light Lager that a friend brewed some time ago. I remember that is tasted ok and was similar to the commercial stuff. My thought is basically the same as your quote above. Personally I would rather brew something different.

Latest posts

Back