New Keg Project Ideas???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fshnne1

Reaction score
So a few days ago I picked up two of these
True GDM-19 - Glass Door Merchandiser, Cooler, 1 Swing Door, 27" W x 24 1/2" D - BigTray

my idea: let me know what you think
1 tint the front and change the bulbs in the top to black lights, it would give off a cool blue glow in the freezers
2. I am thinking of mounting two bigger electical boxes to the sides (the ones that lock and have swinging doors) run the taps inside those and a drip tray at the bottom. then I can lock the taps if we have babysitters over or whatever, this also would keep the taps contained with a closure since my kegs are in the garage no saw dust, dust, metal flakes would get in.
3. I think I should be able to fit 4 kegs in each plus space at the top four bottles cans etc...

total of 8 taps

anyone have better ideas of tap set up, my other idea was to remove the glass and replace with lexan and insulate, then I could drill through the front, no side mount taps.

it would be cool to drill through the glass and have the taps on the front.
if you can take the door off, im sure any glass place can cut the holes for you.

anyone work with glass, any ideas of cost to drill four hole for taps it is a dual pain

Back