Beer It Forward

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What you told me is perfect, he'll get the ones for his collection and I'll get to try one of your homebrews. He really isn't a drinker and just collects iron maiden

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Oh there's no home brew in there. I didn't have any bottled except one that is a gusher. :-( I couldn't send that just in case. I sent a little bottle of something that hopefully you enjoy.

This showed up today, the trooper will make it's final destination tomorrow and I have never gotten to try du claw before..... thanks again hello it'll be a great addition to his iron maiden collection

Hate when that happens

1411517790213.jpg

Just shipped a BIF to the west to a guy that hooked up a trade so well I thought he needed some love.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Thanks so much to Mark and Keith! View attachment 232259
Already in the fridge awaiting their fate. The generosity of this group blows me away!

You're welcome! You've shown a lot of generosity in the time you've been here. On good turn deserves another! Enjoy :mug:

You're welcome! You've shown a lot of generosity in the time you've been here. On good turn deserves another! Enjoy :mug:

All the same I cannot thank you guys enough. It was a great time for a mood bump to hit my home and I appreciate it a great deal.

Speaking of, I have plenty of members here who could use a porch bomb! PM me if youd like to get in on this! :rockin:

Does it matter how long you are a member to get in on this? Now that the wedding is over and I'm done hemorrhaging money I could send someone some Western NY love.

There are actually a few rules in the first post, but to answer your question, no - no requirements around posts or length of membership for this one.

There are actually a few rules in the first post, but to answer your question, no - no requirements around posts or length of membership for this one.

Right on, thanks buddy. Sending PM to finsfan then, since looks like he is the go to.

Edit: PM successful! Excited to start constructing my first BiF package in ~15 min. and plan to have it en route this weekend.

So very sorry, did not get my first BiF out this weekend like I wanted. My tenant decided to destroy half of the apartment. I do however have half of the carebomb put together; I will be purchasing the rest of it tonight and shipping it tomorrow.

So very sorry, did not get my first BiF out this weekend like I wanted. My tenant decided to destroy half of the apartment. I do however have half of the carebomb put together; I will be purchasing the rest of it tonight and shipping it tomorrow.

Best part about a BIF is that the recipient isn't expecting it so they never notice the delay!

So, what were your thoughts on those?
I like em, but I just might be easy to please!
I'm really digging all the east coast hoppy goodness I got from Carbon Tom!

Best part about a BIF is that the recipient isn't expecting it so they never notice the delay!

Or if they have shipment notifications from FedEx and UPS and wonder about mystery inbound packages...

So, what were your thoughts on those?
I like em, but I just might be easy to please!
I'm really digging all the east coast hoppy goodness I got from Carbon Tom!

Well, I really liked the first few and was easy to please on the rest cause only two made it to day two and swmbo got to them while I was at work! I would have to go back to my notes (the what are you drinking now thread) for a play by play. A couple were real winners, I do remember that! Thanks again.

Awesome! And terrible! Lol
My Swmbo is not into hops, so I'm safe...

I wasn't aware FedEx did that. I have the UPS notifications, although it won't let me add my work address to it (which is where all my beer shipments go).

They started it a few months after UPS. They call it Delivery Manager.

They started it a few months after UPS. They call it Delivery Manager.

Ah...they do the same thing as UPS, though. Can't add my work address. I guess I'll have to start using my home address during the cooler months (I use my work address for all beer shipments since I don't want them sitting outside in the Louisiana summer).

Delivered! I've been BIF'D!

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1416519739.520932.jpg

Thanks so much to coyote68 for this unexpected but so very welcome box of treats! Lots of beers I've never had and the best part? Some honey from his very own bees! How are they all doing by the way?
Everything arrived intact and not frozen!...hard to believe since it's been so friggin cold (down to 5 degrees the other night).
Thanks again joe you made my day and you're a great example of what makes this community so awesome!
Won't even have to chill them down before I crack one open!

Delivered! I've been BIF'D!

View attachment 237150

Thanks so much to coyote68 for this unexpected but so very welcome box of treats! Lots of beers I've never had and the best part? Some honey from his very own bees! How are they all doing by the way?
Everything arrived intact and not frozen!...hard to believe since it's been so friggin cold (down to 5 degrees the other night).
Thanks again joe you made my day and you're a great example of what makes this community so awesome!
Won't even have to chill them down before I crack one open!

You are so welcome..a very deserving member of HBT!! by the way that Narragansett is a retro can from the original Jaws movie. A friend sent me a 30 pack.. My girls did really well this year i got several hundred pounds of honey. most of it already sold. i did however make 20 gallons of various meads. hope you enjoy the brews.:D

So jealous of the little Pirates gift! Love them. I've had my gift all packaged up for a week now but uhh... we kind of got a little snow the last few days. Even if I could get it to FedEx, they would just send me away :(

All this BIFing got me in the mood to mail something so I've packed up some hoppy stuff and sent them to the 7th largest municipality in the 28th largest state, I was actually there for work not too long ago. Next time I go I will have an address for someone to tell me where the good beer is hiding!

Back