Dogs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ollie, extra concerned about the flooding in his neighborhood... It's ok buddy

My dog wouldn't be concerned. He'd be OH MY GOD I GET TO SWIM IN MY YARD!!!!!

the Howdy would be indifferent. unless there were water fowl involved.

then he would go freaking bonkers

in which case we would have to explain to him he was bred for hunting rabbits, not geese or duck

in which case we would have to explain to him he was bred for hunting rabbits, not geese or duck

heh KB's that way too. When we're on walks and we see ducks he tries really hard to convince us that if we just let him off the leash for a minute he'll go get us one of 'em.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=206931&stc=1&d=1403363306

101_0205.jpg

Haha. Ya Ollie is not a huge fan of swimming, and I think he knew we were concerned about the flooding.

Not a big hunter either, but put him in a field of cattle (or children) and he'll herd them all day!

So, I went to the butcher shop and bought a big pile of lamb. I asked the butcher for a leg bone. My dog approved. She's a small dog, just under 6 kg, and has a small head. Still, she has extremely powerful jaws and manages to disintegrate bones like these in an hour or so.

Photo%2027.6.2014%2016.49.50.jpg

So, I went to the butcher shop and bought a big pile of lamb. I asked the butcher for a leg bone. My dog approved. She's a small dog, just under 6 kg, and has a small head. Still, she has extremely powerful jaws and manages to disintegrate bones like these in an hour or so.

From the look on her face I suspect you just became her favorite person......
As long as you don't try to reach for that bone! :D

Beautiful! I have one Aussie that's brilliant off-leash, another that terrorizes children (he's the rescue–go figure). :)

/Will always still be figuring it out/

I gotta ask, when you say terrorizes children, what does that mean?

I ask cause I have a newer rescue and he has snapped at a 3 yr old niece that did not provoke him at all. Hoping its something he grows out of?

I totally meant in a playful way. Jumping on them. It just scares any kid under five years of age. Totally harmless. Parents don't get it though, as their kids run away crying! I'm hoping I can break him, but it 's all puppy energy.

We got really lucky with KB in that respect. He always knew how to adjust his activity level to the people around him. With little kids, he'd be really calm and gentle and let them pet him until they got in range of his tongue. With the elderly, he'd just walk up and lay his head in their lap. With teenagers... he was all "BRING IT ON!!!!"

Beautiful! I have one Aussie that's brilliant off-leash, another that terrorizes children (he's the rescue–go figure). :)

This is mostly after walking them 4 miles and they are going straight home... I've had 5 Aussies over the years and there was only one that I could trust off-leash completely. And even then, a squirrel would get him off track in a hearbeat!

MC

Time to get KB another swimming pool. He punched a hole in the bottom of his old one this week. Probably upgrade to a bigger one if it'll fit in the back of the car.

Back