Dogs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't hava a dog, but I got plenty of these...

Duke.jpg

Took the pup to the beach yesterday, sounded like thoroughbreds running the preakness.

Wife got in on the action as well.

20131027_162109_4.jpg

20131027_162200_1.jpg

20131027_162201_8.jpg

20131027_162249_2.jpg

Anyone else's dog think sand was snow at first? Not Reggie, but my first dog Ch'hole had seen snow and loved to play in it. I'm sure a lot of you know the move where the dog runs and then sticks it's nose down in the snow and throws snow. Well she thought it was a good idea to try that with sand. She was not a happy camper after that, but it sure was funny.

My other random canine musing for the day, isn't it funny how as dogs get older they stop getting up with you first thing in the am? Reggie used to be waiting for me to let him out, or would at least wake up when I did. Now he's usually just sprawled out on the floor and doesn't move when I have to walk around or step over him.

Anyone else's dog think sand was snow at first? Not Reggie, but my first dog Ch'hole had seen snow and loved to play in it. I'm sure a lot of you know the move where the dog runs and then sticks it's nose down in the snow and throws snow. Well she thought it was a good idea to try that with sand. She was not a happy camper after that, but it sure was funny.

My other random canine musing for the day, isn't it funny how as dogs get older they stop getting up with you first thing in the am? Reggie used to be waiting for me to let him out, or would at least wake up when I did. Now he's usually just sprawled out on the floor and doesn't move when I have to walk around or step over him.

That's just him acknowledging that he runs the show.

And try a beach that has snow on it that'll trip a dog out real quick.

This is hands-down KB's favorite night of the year. He steps out into the doorway and greets every group of kids that have come to see him. He's currently curled up next to the door waiting for the next ones to ring the doorbell. Beats the heck outta the 4th of July for him.

image-728518885.jpg

Dog gone tired after being the official greeter this evening. Before the ghosts, batmans, and witches could even ring the door bell she would bark once then sit in front of the door tail waggin at 2000 rpm

Ozzy had tons of fun last night walking rhe neighborhood while trick or treating with my son.

Just few minutes ago he came into my office and gave me the "work is boring let's go play" look soo think its a half day and off to the dog park

image-2932280031.jpg

the one bad thing about my Cirka's temperament, and where i've failed as a dog owner/trainer, is how she greets new people. she's definitely a "people dog" and loves to meet new people... too much. no matter how hard she tries, no matter how many commands i give her, she will eventually jump up on you. she can't contain herself. thus, zero chance that she could hang by the front door on hallowe'en. 100% chance that should would eventually knock a kid over, and likely scare kids who aren't comfortable around dogs.

ozzy is one lucky dog! so is Jukas. dammit. wish i was at home so i could bail on work and go toss a ball with the pooch.

the one bad thing about my Cirka's temperament, and where i've failed as a dog owner/trainer, is how she greets new people. she's definitely a "people dog" and loves to meet new people... too much. no matter how hard she tries, no matter how many commands i give her, she will eventually jump up on you. she can't contain herself. thus, zero chance that she could hang by the front door on hallowe'en. 100% chance that should would eventually knock a kid over, and likely scare kids who aren't comfortable around dogs.

ozzy is one lucky dog! so is Jukas. dammit. wish i was at home so i could bail on work and go toss a ball with the pooch.

We got lucky with KB in that department. He's very much a people dog, but he just has a natural ability to adjust to the person. With little kids, he just sticks his snout at their level and lets them do as they please to him while he wags his tail and steals kisses. With adults, he might jump up if he really wants their attention, but he's gentle with kids. We used to live near a nursing home and a lot of the residents would come through the park we walked him in in their wheel chairs. He'd just walk up to them and gently put his head in their laps. It's really quite amazing to watch him adjust like that.

Meet Jack. He's the coolest dog I've ever had. He's approximately 6 years old... don't really know - he was a rescue.

Funny story... We drove to Brevard, NC earlier this week. Parked and got out of the car and started walking toward one of the downtown brew pubs when we were stopped by a policeman who told us that pets were not allowed and turned us away. We got kicked out of the city.... Jack thought it was because he was black, but I assured him that wasn't the case. Some sort of fall festival was going on.

Jack4.jpg

Jack1.jpg

KB has taken possession of the small recliner that sits by my end of the couch. This is often the view I have from where I sit watching TV.

537327_10151985888349254_350580010_n.jpg

Speaking of dogs and cars... We were driving through town and saw that the middle school science team was doing a car wash fundraiser. Our daughter was on the science team when she was in school so we decided to stop. Three different kids tried at least twice each to wash the rear side window before I finally had to take pity on them and let them know the smears were nose prints and they were on the INSIDE.

Latest posts

Back