Big beers AG vs PM - what a difference!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheesefood

Reaction score
I was drinking my barleywine last night, and noticed how different it tastes from extract barleywines. Completely missing was the extract tang which dominates the BW experience with DME. Same with my weizen.

I guess for me, I notice the difference on big beers.

Of course, by the time I finished the two I was about plowed, having just had the ABV of about 5-6 Lite beers.

I keep trying to make big AG beers, and keep failing. Belgian Dark Strong = Belgian Dark. Imperial IPAs = IPAs. Dopplebock = bock.

BarleyCrusher = birthday.

the_bird said:
I keep trying to make big AG beers, and keep failing. Belgian Dark Strong = Belgian Dark. Imperial IPAs = IPAs. Dopplebock = bock.

BarleyCrusher = birthday.

What's the crusher pic in your gallery?

You're getting some big AG beer soon enough. Just waiting for the (not big) APA to carb up so I can send it as well. I amped up the CO2 this morning in hopes of kick starting it. I've been drinking it flat, and MAN is it good.

The crusher in my gallery was a failure. It's just too hard to try and machine up the frame properly without having a drill press, and I don't really have room in the shop for a press. I could never get the rollers to stay in position or to adjust very easily.

I figure, for $100 I could buy a cheap press, then drop more coin on materials, plus all the time to get it right... or just drop $120 on a BC (really closer to $80, since I found someone to buy Yuri's rollers off me).

the_bird said:
The crusher in my gallery was a failure. It's just too hard to try and machine up the frame properly without having a drill press, and I don't really have room in the shop for a press. I could never get the rollers to stay in position or to adjust very easily.

I figure, for $100 I could buy a cheap press, then drop more coin on materials, plus all the time to get it right... or just drop $120 on a BC (really closer to $80, since I found someone to buy Yuri's rollers off me).

Only 3 more weeks till your Bday. I hope your wife gets the order in soon.

Pss! I've received permission to buy it from myself, and she's still going to surprise me with something else... of course, what I *really* want for my birthday wouldn't cost her much of anything (a pint of Edmund Fitzgerald can't be that much...)

Back