Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You accept certain risks when playing a violent game. You can't prevent all injuries. That's a legal hit 3 years ago.

So because you drive a car which brings certain risks, do you take out the airbags and seat belts because those take some risk away? I would think not

Not really. Airbags and seat belts werent around 50 years ago. If you cant handle change, you wont make it far. The only thing certain in life IS change

Seatbelt and airbags are mandated due to public safety and benefit. The NFL is entertainment. Again it is a violent game, I understand some of the new rules to protect the head, but this is ridiculous. Might as well just not hit the QB at all. The game is not nearly as enjoyable this way.

Seatbelt and airbags are mandated due to public safety and benefit. The NFL is entertainment. Again it is a violent game, I understand some of the new rules to protect the head, but this is ridiculous. Might as well just not hit the QB at all. The game is not nearly as enjoyable this way.

new NFL rules are mandated due to player safety and benefit

Let's not lie to ourselves here. The new NFL rules are mandated due to player lawsuits. The league could care less about player safety. It's all about the benjamins.

100% right here. With all the injuries recently, especially the ones causing massive brain damage, they want to save their asses. Look what happened to Junior Seau. If more NFL players started to go crazy like that, we wouldn't have football on Sundays anymore. The NFL would get sued so much they would go bankrupt.

Even if they did get sued over and over, they would never go bankrupt. Too much money coming in

No I do agree. I don't think they would either. Kind of said it to make a point lol Though if they didn't make strict safety rules and more players like Junior Seau started to kill because of head injuries, they would make player safety extremely strict and there would be a lot more safety rules. Not to mention a lot of fined players.

Are we still on this? Has another Dolphin quit the team so we can get off this dead horse.

Hey, I told everyone to shut up a long time ago.

Now... Seahawks are really good, way better than your sh!tty teams! HA!!

I banged yer sister...

I banged yer sister...

Relevant. But don't talk about it cause mcbrewskie doesn't want to know watch it.

I banged yer sister...

Relevant. But don't talk about it cause mcbrewskie doesn't want to know watch it.

Your Hawks are built on defense, calls like the Brooks one will cost them in the playoffs. The NFL does want defense anymore.

Wish I had traumatic brain injury so I couldn't remember this thread.

I'm more convinced this week than last that the Patriots will win the Superbowl this year. Have no fear!

Wish I had traumatic brain injury so I couldn't remember this thread.

I'm more convinced this week than last that the Patriots will win the Superbowl this year. Have no fear!

Oh, you have a traumatic brain injury. Your mother probably dropped you on your head several times, now that I think about it.

I can sympathize with Brett Farve. He can't remember his daughters soccer season. I can't remember that sweet Seahawks Superbowl victory.

Cape Brewing said:
Are you even going to bother watching at this point? I guess you could scout for who might be good next year or something.

Hopefully I'll be going to the conference championship in Eugene then to Pasadena for the Rose Bowl, you know The Grand Daddy of them all? Yeah I'll be watching.

Hopefully I'll be going to the conference championship in Eugene then to Pasadena for the Rose Bowl, you know The Grand Daddy of them all? Yeah I'll be watching.

You are correct in that you will be watching the National Championship, once again not featuring Oregon

shhhhh... the fans of teams that are making the playoffs this year are talking.

You might want to go check out the knitting thread for a bit. Moto can show you were it is.

I could care less that moto gave up on his team already but I will never do that. Even if it doesnt look like Miami will make the playoffs, or win one game in a season for that matter. You can count on me being around to talk schit when your team loses :D cheers!

I could care less that moto gave up on his team already but I will never do that.

1728533-i_could_care_less.jpg

That's probably more education that our fishy friend ever received before...

Cheers! ;)

Wait, surely you're not serious? I lived in New England for six years. A lot of very nice and decent people, but for the most part I have never seen a group of people so content to meander through life ignorant of the world around them and bitter despite that fact.

Back