Md Brew Day - January 2010

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also have a 2 line cold plate I picked up and have never used. I can bring it, but are we just overlooking the fact that it is gonna be damn cold out in Jan? Do we really need to focus on keeping kegs cold in the winter? If they are cold to start, they will not warm up outside.

I also have a 2 line cold plate I picked up and have never used. I can bring it, but are we just overlooking the fact that it is gonna be damn cold out in Jan? Do we really need to focus on keeping kegs cold in the winter? If they are cold to start, they will not warm up outside.

You may have a point there.

I think he might be paired up with me...Irish Red I thinks??

I'm too lazy to look it up now, but I swear we talked about it earlier...

Yeah man. It is me and you. I just didn't want to come to the party short handed. Everyone is pitching in stuff and I don't have too much to offer right now. I will by the next brew day to be sure.

Speaking of Oatmeal stout - you bringing that breakfast stout up?

why the **** would i do that? I just tapped it for good saturday..... man is it good. a bit heavy on the coffee (which was a disaster...)

ben, we could do the brekfast stout..... and preferable not **** up the coffee (at least not when using my chiller :D)

any kind of stout works for me. When do you normally add the coffee. Could we filter it out before the chiller?

why not? whats wrong with it?

Not big enough. Its the Bayou SP10 that everyone on here reccomends too. I am pretty sure they bought in on Amazon so I might be able to send it back and get a different one but I doubt I would get it back in time for brewday.

Not big enough. Its the Bayou SP10 that everyone on here reccomends too. I am pretty sure they bought in on Amazon so I might be able to send it back and get a different one but I doubt I would get it back in time for brewday.

i think mashtuns and keggels are the issue we have not burners. not that you can ever have too many burners :)

Is it cool if I just come with my Carboy, Yeast and Cash?

I don't have all the stuff you guys are talking about.

I don't know the answer to this, I don't have any spare equipment but that's not to say someone else might not be able to hook you up.

Bumped!
Didn't want your post to get lost in our ramblings.

If you're splitting a batch with me Brewtimore, I have what's needed for our batch. You bring the 3 ingredients you mentioned above, and all is good.

I know we have a few cigar smokers here, im going to mexico next week so is there anything in particular anybody would like me to get them?

Yeah, but when it gets dark at 5 o'clock, you gotta start early or you're outside at night.

That said, most people don't show up until 10 or so, but I'll get started heating water around 9.

Is there still some of that great mead to be drank at 9am? :tank:

Plus if you start early you get to finish early and play Wii.

There may be some, but supply is dwindling. We put a good dent in it last breday.

Besides, I hear there's breakfast stout coming :)

Oh, and DigDug - your mead from last brew day is stil there waiting for you. You must finish it.

Back